Lightroom slider settings

sirch

Lu-Tze
Admin
Name
The other Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Probably a dumb question but sometimes LR keeps the settings for a tool or brush between edits and and sometimes it resets everything. After a few years of using LR I finally thought I really ought to find out what controls this behaviour?

IIRC It is to do with whether you press close or done after you've made your edits.

IIRC It is to do with whether you press close or done after you've made your edits.
OK, I'll experiement tonight, although I didn't know there was a Close option and am pretty sure I always press Done

I don't know if you know, but if you double click effects whilst in one of the tools (brush, radial etc) it will reset all the sliders.

I don't know if you know, but if you double click effects whilst in one of the tools (brush, radial etc) it will reset all the sliders.
Thanks, yes I knew that but for example sometimes when I open the crop/rotate tool the aspect is locked and if I unlock it and exit the tool sometimes it stays unlocked for the next photo and sometimes it goes back to locked. This seems to be the same for all tools, I suspect Alan's suggestion above about how a tool is closed could be the cause.

I'm actually more insterested in sometimes having the same settings retained - e.g. for the adjustment brush

I'm actually more insterested in sometimes having the same settings retained - e.g. for the adjustment brush
Regards the adjustment brush... you can have a number of adjustments within your image, each with different setting, if you click on the 'pin' for an adjustment then the settings used should be echoed in the panel... This is also true within the other localised adjustments.

IIRC if you open a tool then adjust the sliders before you click on the image to make any adjustments, these settings become the defaults for the next time you open up that tool.

If you open the tool, click on the image to make an adjustment and then go and adjust the sliders, these are the settings for that 'pin' of the tool. The next time you open the tool it will revert to the default settings as set above.

Regards the adjustment brush... you can have a number of adjustments within your image, each with different setting, if you click on the 'pin' for an adjustment then the settings used should be echoed in the panel... This is also true within the other localised adjustments.
Thanks Phill, good to know

IIRC if you open a tool then adjust the sliders before you click on the image to make any adjustments, these settings become the defaults for the next time you open up that tool.

If you open the tool, click on the image to make an adjustment and then go and adjust the sliders, these are the settings for that 'pin' of the tool. The next time you open the tool it will revert to the default settings as set above.
Ahhh! that sounds like it! I'll try it tonight but sounds promising, thanks

Interesting. Must give this a try later.

Just had a play and that seems to be it, thank you (y)

Back