Lightroom Synch Issue

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
The following warning message is popping up when I ask Lightroom to synch with my other devices since I got my MacBook Pro back from repair yesterday

A bit of back ground:-

My Macbok Pro has been away getting repaired so I dowloaded Lightroom to my work laptop for a week and imported a few pictures from there and did some editing etc both on that and on my iPad Pro

I also downloaded pictures straight from my 80D to my Canon Connect App into Photos on my iPad then in to Lightroom

Non of these pictures are "irreplaceable" and I just want to ensure that I don't start to confuse things by pressing the wrong button

Am I ok to click the "Yes, synch this catalog instead" ?

Many thanks

Tony

Untitled by Tony Keogh, on Flickr

EDIT - Picture added

Last edited:
Did you move your catalog across to the other laptop? Or start with a new blank catalog?

Did you move your catalog across to the other laptop? Or start with a new blank catalog?

Hi, sorry for the delay in responding

I wasn't aware of doing anything other than downloading the software and then adding a few more pictures that I had taken

All the original raw files are still on my laptop

One thing my laptop seems to do now is "synch" all the pictures I have (about 3500) in my LR Mobile Collections every time I switch on which seems to slow things down.

Previously it would only start the synching process when I had added pictures to the LR Mobile Collections.

Any idea why that is happening ?

Hi, sorry for the delay in responding

I wasn't aware of doing anything other than downloading the software and then adding a few more pictures that I had taken

All the original raw files are still on my laptop
OK, that is the best way to do it. I find using the “Import from another catalog” tool to be the best way of getting files into your original catalogue from a temporary new one.

Back