lightroom time adjust

Name
Col
Edit My Images
Yes
Is there a way in lightroom to add or subtract a set amount of time from the capture time on a bunch of images?
I shot a wedding recently and the two cameras i used are about 1 minute 15 seconds apart so its throwing the sequence out a little bit. Would just save me some time if i can add that time onto the photos from one of the cameras and get the photos into the correct order.

Cheers

Col

I've never done it, but...

In LR's Library module there's Edit Capture Time... in the Metadata menu.

I'm not sure if you can shift a whole bunch of files by a set amount (minutes & seconds), but a quick bit of experimentation on some test files would be useful.

If not, other software can undoubtedly do this.

I'd use Photo Mechanic as I use it for culling photos anyway. If you can't utilise other software you already have, you could download Photo Mechanic and use it's 30 day demo. (Tools > Adjust Capture Dates and Times...)

Cheers,
Tony

Last edited:
Cheers Tony, I had a bit of a look at that tool in LR last night and it seems to allow the setting of a date/time but i don't know if it will let me do so across the whole set them all to the same date and time or whether it would increase them all by the same amount as the first one. I think i am talking in riddles there sorry!

I am quite a way through editing the set of photos now so what i may do is finish the edits, export them as they are and then give it a go when i know that worst case i have the original order and can change them manually. I may well look at photo mechanic too though!

Thanks again

Col

I'd love to know if there is an easy way too. I suspect there is something using command line prompts somewhere..

I got round this once by renaming the files as I imported them with the time at the front, and then I filtered the folder by camera and manually changed the time in the filename in Lightroom (by adding a minute or whatever) to sync with the other camera. The photos from both cameras were then in the right order if I sorted them by filename. It didn't actually take as long as I expected, but it's still a pain and no doubt you have lots of photos.

I was watching a YouTube video yesterday
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daYUG8orcF8
At 12mins 30 in Catalog Settings he discusses updating the metadata to change the time (as Tony mentioned above). I didn't know you could do this, but this would take ages for many photos.

Back