Lights Camera Play

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all.

Just posted these and although there not the finest photos you'll see today. I thought it maybe worthwhile posting them as like me I was surprised to get some images from holding/using small led torches.
Last week at our camera club we were requested to take along any non photographic light sources eg. Torches phones fairy lights anything really. For once lots of people brought stuff and had a laugh trying to use them.
On the night we split up into small groups, lights were turned off & " whey hey nothing like that happened" :)

Anyways I took these.

Any comments, feedback, critique, advice, is more than welcome.

Gaz

This was taken with a mini pen Led work light which as a magnet in the handle so I stuck it to the roller shutter which covers the Bar area.

Stuart_club_lighting.jpg

This was taken with a mini pen Led work light. Which I held myself camera in other hand.
steve_club_lighting.jpg

This was taken with a mini pen Led work light which I held in one hand whilst Steve the model held a tiny mini led torch to his face which I have removed in post.

Steve_club.jpg

This one is lit by the exit sign. I liked this one best even though the sign is blown out.
Steve_cam_era_club_door_light.jpg

Last edited:
Love this creative stuff!
.. and it happens to be really good practice for when you've got 'real' lights available.
Hi Simon. Yes it was fun and definitely good practice. I was really surprised what could be achieved with very little equipment.

This is very subtle and as juggler says very creative too.
I quite like the mystique caused by the shadows.

In No2 I see Jeremy Corbin. but not sure if that is a good look or not. LOL

This is very subtle and as juggler says very creative too.
I quite like the mystique caused by the shadows.

In No2 I see Jeremy Corbin. but not sure if that is a good look or not. LOL

Thanks Andy. Yes I do see Jeremy there now you mentioned it.
Just made me think how blinkered I am as before I joined a camera club and a forum I used to play around all the time and upload to Flickr it was fun too. Now I seldom upload to Flickr and don't really play around much.

Gaz

I used to play around all the time and upload to Flickr it was fun too. Now I seldom upload to Flickr and don't really play around much.
Gaz

:plus1:

I've not taken a photograph for months and not posted my work anywhere for a loooong time
I cancelled my Flickr when they changed the T&C's last year.

Keep it up you are doing great. :)

Good fun shots Gary.Particularly like the second and fourth which create plenty of interest.
Thanks Chris. You made a good point there. I think most of us attending just took photos with torches or whatever shinning on our faces pretty much like number 3. Once I was getting descent exposures I realized the photos made no sense so had a look around for scenarios where the lighting would add to the scene.
I hope that made sense. Not saying they all worked but it felt like more fun.

Gaz

Very nice set of images Sir, and very creative.(y)

George.

Back