Lily by Evening Light.....

Edit My Images
Yes
Not sure about this one......

what could I have done better???????

DSC_0138.jpg

hmmm, crappy lappy again, but I like it overall, however, I am wondering if the shadow on the back ground and the OOF stamens is too severe, I mean, too sudden? I could be totally wrong as this screen stinks, but perhaps using some render lighing effect [or eqivalent] just to lift it a tad in that area might make make you like it more?

Colours are great!

Undecided about the narrow DOF - overall I do think it works - I do like slightly abstract flow shots!

But I find myself a touch irritated by the lost part of the top stamen (over picky perhaps but you did ask :D)

:agree:

I like it heaps too, but my personal preference would be a different background.. black ;) but then that's my preference :LOL:

I like the lighting and the way the shadow of the stamens falls against the petals. Lovely composition too. I think the background shadow is a little overpowering and I'd have like to have seen the stamens not so oof and a bit sharper. For me they are the focal point of the shot

Points made about shadow are valid. I think this shot's weakness is critical sharpness (or more correctly focus). The DOF is just too limited, more of the stamen in range would improve this shot greatly.

(y)

Back