Lily stack

Very nice. (It seemed to look better to me over at Flickr.)

I'm interested you used flash. Is that because you prefer the look of flash?

It was lit by a shaded table lamp and quite dark, and I have been experimenting using flash remotely. I think this shot I shaded the camera flash from the subject with my hand, and had my nissin d6xx pointing at the ceiling to reflect back. I was then hoping to blur the surrounding flowers and foliage out using a blur tool in Affinity Pro, but couldn't work out how to do it, I have to keep looking at you tube videos of the method, and I get really fed up of the 'instructors' droning on because they love the sound of their own voices, sometimes it's over half the video before they get to the point
My wife does a little moan if I move her flowers about to take photos. I was also treating it as another stacking practice.

[QUOTE="lightshipman, post: 7739078, member: 65583" I get really fed up of the 'instructors' droning on because they love the sound of their own voices, sometimes it's over half the video before they get to the point .[/QUOTE]

Completely agree with you on this Andrew. I wish they'd just cut out the waffle.

Like the pics, by the way.

Stack looks very good Andrew. Lighting looks good.

What aperture were you shooting the stack at ? If your lens goes shallow enough with the DOF you should be able to stack to a point where the background will go OOF and have the rest sharp.

Some take a foreground and or background shot that's a bit wider - to use as the last stack shot / or merge later to achieve this at maybe not such an open aperture - so the drop off of focus is not too severe.

Wow! I can recall how lovely they smell. I love the colors too. Interesting lighting

Very nice. (It seemed to look better to me over at Flickr.)

I'm interested you used flash. Is that because you prefer the look of flash?
One thing I found when I took some photos of a stick insect without flash (it didn't move so I didn't need it), was that the lighting in the room looked awful - if I had used a flash it would have looked a lot better (I don't have them because they looked too awful on my PC).

To the OP it looks like it was in front of me in real life - IMHO that is the aim of the stacking flowers etc and it looks great.

Stack looks very good Andrew. Lighting looks good.

What aperture were you shooting the stack at ? If your lens goes shallow enough with the DOF you should be able to stack to a point where the background will go OOF and have the rest sharp.

Some take a foreground and or background shot that's a bit wider - to use as the last stack shot / or merge later to achieve this at maybe not such an open aperture - so the drop off of focus is not too severe.
Will try that next time.

Back