Limestone

I do prefer the more convention image a lot more Chris - good in its own right.

What were you expressing with the first shot? My poor brain can't read your meaning.

What were you expressing with the first shot? My poor brain can't read your meaning.
One of the FPOTY themes is Textures and Patterns in nature and I went up there to get some ideas and see what worked for that theme but also I spend quite a lot of my time in karst landscapes and essentially they are an expression of change over time, the limestone is etched by acidic water and I suppose I was trying to get a sense of that energy and change. Also a lot of karst features are fascinating up close, endlessly varied at many scales but just grey on grey so very hard to photograph, so again it was may be an attempt to engender some interest.

Thanks Chris - so looking for shift & change? I can get that. I'd possibly have tried a smaller movement with the DE, but it's really hard to judge such a thing with film. (y)

Really it was pure experimentation, I didn't physically move the camera at all, being an LF camera I just moved the lens plane which is why the tree at the top right shows no movement. At around £2 per frame it's not something I want to try too often :) but a good learning experience, it might be possible to mark key features on the ground glass with a pencil and then control the amount of movement.

Back