Critique Lincoln Brayford

Edit My Images
Yes
Very new to photography so going to start posting a few pictures on here to see what I have done well and not so well to start improving :)

I focused on the boat in the middle and used f11to try and get front to back sharpness hopefully this was the right settings ?

Attachments

• 9C4D440C-3E7E-4005-99E8-2CAA4B08029C.jpeg
    9C4D440C-3E7E-4005-99E8-2CAA4B08029C.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
f11 was fine for depth of field, however your image mostly shows an expanse of dirty water with a few boats and buildings in the far background. ;)

I'd probably try to take the picture from a lower level - perhaps squat down - to get less water and a bit more sky for better composition, perhaps cropping the image to more of a panaorama or making more use of a dramatic sky. Also while this might have been an OK record shot, the light is falling mostly from above and left/behind the building leaving this side in shadow and contributing to the scene looking dull. The shot appears to have been taken near midday - it would probably look much more interesting if shot early in the morning with the light coming from behind you and lighting the front face at a low angle.

Hope that's useful.

I'd agree with Toni.
There's no real "Subject" in the image for my eye to rest on. As it is, my eye just wanders around looking for something to settle on.
By choosing a lower viewpoint to include more sky, you could eliminate the clumps of leaves at the top, which are obscuring what looks like a potentially interesting sky, which might help to offset the flat lighting.

I agree with Toni also and looking at the distant buildings, they appear to lean to the right :)

an easy fix in Photoshop

Goof9PR.jpg

Les :)

Back