weekly Lindsay56's 2019 TP-52 Wks 41/43/46 Partial catchup

NB the two black and white shots were on a Pentax LX, Takumar-M 50mm f1.7, HP5, scans received back yesterday. Although the shots were taken about 10 days ago, the minor editing was done today.

Thanks Dave, that's what made me choose it. I'll go back another day with better sky and do more work on that scene

Just realised I got confused about which one I submitted to the Entries thread! I meant to enter the first one, not the bridge one! Oh well, age...

I quite like the bridge shot but either works for me and it’s nice to see a bit of film photography on here

Both monos are excellent Lindsay, though I think I'll copy echo what others have said...first image for me too.
It really works very well for the theme, and the mono processing is nicely done too.
A lower PoV on the bridge might have edged it however....but it's still a jolly decent image.
I like the colour image to, very nice details and tones, and the crop works well.
(y)

Thanks guys. I am definitely going back to the location of my film shots to get different viewpoints, hopefully better sky, etc. It's worth working on.

The first two are my favourite, with the second just about edging it for me. I think the first would be my favourite but the small plant that's out of focus over the water is a bit distracting.

Loving that you used film too, hopefully I should get some later shots with film but I've not managed yet

Hi Lindsay, I like both of the mono film photos for distant. I think I like the 2nd more because of the bridge detail and the structure above it. Same as Carl, I think i'll try to get a film entry in at some point.

For me number 2 looking through the bridge with the building in the background gives a perfect sense of perspective for the theme.

open ~ two different takes on the theme I rather like the first one it made me smile.
Distant ~ I rather like the Bridge shot with the other path way a close second

The first two are my favourite, with the second just about edging it for me. I think the first would be my favourite but the small plant that's out of focus over the water is a bit distracting.

Loving that you used film too, hopefully I should get some later shots with film but I've not managed yet
Thanks Carl, I’ll look at that plant and see if I can remove it in post. I find I’m doing more film than digital at present with the various Pentax slr’s that I’ve been acquiring!
Hi Lindsay, I like both of the mono film photos for distant. I think I like the 2nd more because of the bridge detail and the structure above it. Same as Carl, I think i'll try to get a film entry in at some point.
You know it makes sense!
For me number 2 looking through the bridge with the building in the background gives a perfect sense of perspective for the theme.
Thanks
open ~ two different takes on the theme I rather like the first one it made me smile.
Distant ~ I rather like the Bridge shot with the other path way a close second
Thanks

I like the bridge but feel something is missing in the distance ? I can see buildings but think if they were in focus would of made the picture. Just my four peneth

I can see what you are getting at Chris. That would be a different shot but worth exploring when I go back there (and I will be). The buildings in question are very boring blank, flat-sided flour mills so have no features as such, but there might be something to redeem them - the company name might be on them, I can't recall. Thanks for your considered feedback.

I like that first one Lindsay, with the beauty of the countryside and river/canal in the forerground and the distant industrial area

Where abouts is this?

I like both of the mono images, Lindsay, and although I really like the wide vista and the leading lines of the path and river in the first one, the second one appeals more. I can't put my finger on why exactly, other than the 'frame' of the bridge really caught my eye immediately. It looks like an interesting structure and definitely worth a repeat visit to try some different angles too.

I like that first one Lindsay, with the beauty of the countryside and river/canal in the forerground and the distant industrial area

Where abouts is this?

The location is in Wellingborough, along the towpath following the "Nene Way" looking back towards the Whitworths factory. I am definitely going back loaded with colour and more b&w, plus digital, to explore the possibilities.

I like both of the mono images, Lindsay, and although I really like the wide vista and the leading lines of the path and river in the first one, the second one appeals more. I can't put my finger on why exactly, other than the 'frame' of the bridge really caught my eye immediately. It looks like an interesting structure and definitely worth a repeat visit to try some different angles too.

That's what I'm thinking too - it's funny, the comments here have made me realise what a good spot it is! I was a bit underwhelmed at the time I took the photos.

Nice abstract image. Second photo for me as well.

They both work well, with an abstract look about them. Bet it was cold in the car!
I agree with Bob they both work well, I think I prefer the second image and the crop
I like the colours but maybe a bit more DoF would help
Both are really good images Lindsay.
I prefer the landscape crop too.
Great colour and a tantalising glimpse of what might be outside!
Super detail on the ice.
Really effective and I can really sense the cold, nicely done.(y)
I also prefer the landscape crop, as just think it looks better all round nice shot for the theme.
Nice abstract image. Second photo for me as well.
I definitely prefer the landscape one, it doesn't get much colder than ice, suits the theme perfectly.
Cold
It shows cold really well.

Thanks guys, I'm glad you got what I was seeing in these. I do like going a bit abstract.

Waiting
I agree with @Dave70D, the first one stands out for me. I quite like the point of view as well.

I have to agree with the above, number 1 is the one for me too, nice lighting and on theme too.

Yep - No1 it is. I'll have a pint of Goose Island please :D

Number one for me Lindsay, a great low ish shot with good colours and good having the folk in waiting to be served.
Waiting
I agree with @Dave70D, the first one stands out for me. I quite like the point of view as well.
I have to agree with the above, number 1 is the one for me too, nice lighting and on theme too.
Yep - No1 it is. I'll have a pint of Goose Island please :D
Thanks guys

It’s the first time I’ve really played with the em10 and I found it ideal for street type photography, being so small and unobtrusive. The little Pany 14mm pancake lens also worked well in that context. It might be getting on a bit (the camera) but for a really cheap eBay purchase it’s doing well for me

Back