weekly Lindsay56's 2019 TP-52 Wks 41/43/46 Partial catchup

Nice shot, shoes are something I see lots of in my house!

@GarethB @Ganton Gunner @LC2 thanks very much guys - much appreciated encouragement. I'm going to try a few more things like this to experiment with format and lighting.

Last edited:
Very nice. I love the red shoes and the lighting is spot on! Prefer them offset as in the first pic. The square crop is a bit too cropped for me.

Very nice. I love the red shoes and the lighting is spot on! Prefer them offset as in the first pic. The square crop is a bit too cropped for me.
That was my feeling after looking at both versions in Affinity - so I submitted the off-centre one. Cheers

Like the shoes - maybe clone out the label on the bottom of the shoe?

@-Oy- Fair point, I might just see if she'll let me peel it off and re-shoot sometime.

Well thought out interpretation of the theme Lindsay. The vivid colour of the shoes works perfectly against the black BG. Your lighting setup is very good. Out of the two, I think I prefer the original shot on the third.

Very nicely done. Clever take on the theme and I love the way it's staged

Nice contrast of the Shoes against backdrop, nicely done Lindsay.

First shot of the shoes with the space around it looks better to me great red colour too

Hi.

Great start to your 52.

New - Nice shot. Agree with some of the others about the crop, however the red at the top of the image doesn't bother me too much as it matches the colour in the rest of the image.

Clean - Super image. The colour is great. I like the off centre placement and the slight fade in background colour helps the stop the shoes look like they are floating. Id get rid of the sticker though, but I do realise that one misses things when shooting. I do it a lot.

I treated this in black and white principally to remove the colours in the packaging that distract from the point of the image. I cloned out a couple of stray seeds I spotted, but apart from increasing contrast in Curves and Lightening (in Affinity), made no other changes.

Lovely Pun on the theme Lindsay, nice image.

Very clever take on the theme. There are some smart thinking folks in the 365s this year

Nicely composed and processed

Thanks all of you for the positive feedback - I'm enjoying this genre so planning more shooting like this although I'll aim for something different with the next subject we get for the 52.
Cheers

I'm still catching up with what folks have been posting....
New- bang on theme, nice colourful shot. perhaps a bit of a crop off the top.
Clean-great take on the theme, very well executed. Lovely bold image
Open-I thought about this idea, but had no idea how to set it up. You've totally nailed it. Great work.

Open
It's a really good one. The light, composition, black and white conversion all work to make a fine photo.

Hi Lindsay

New, the image you submitted works well enough, I must admit I struggle with macro as well, I also have a sigma 105 which I hardly use. I like the colours and the focus is where you need it.

Clean, Nice red shoes, I find the position of the left one a little bit odd compare to the right hand one. The background highlights the shoes well and the light is good. I find the square crop is a bit too tight.

Open, Groan, but a nice image given it's very simple.

pete

Last edited:
Back