Lines on prints - Deep cleaning won't remove?

Name
Jamie
Edit My Images
No
I am having lines appear on my prints please see below image for examples (this is 3 different prints). I can get the occasional good print, but 2/3 are bad.

The printer is a Canon iP8750 around 6 months old.

I have run a few cleaning cycles and deep clean cycles, the test print before running the cycles only has a few faint lines, usually on magenta. After cleaning, the lines appear fine on the test.

I'm presuming this is clogged nozzles that the printer can't resolve itself, do you agree?

If so, should I try using one of the liquid uncloggers with a syringe or would you recommend another route of action?

Thanks

20200608_134550.jpg

Not sure I can hep much but I have the same printer and use refillable permajet cartridges (not sure where you can get them from anymore sadly..)
I had a similar issue which did eventually clear after a fair few deep cleans but it did take a lot of ink to finally get sorted.
If you are using Canon inks it might cost a fair bit.....
I've not heard of de-clogging liquids so can't help but it would be good to see what others say..

I've had fairly good results with magic bullet and paper towels under the print head.

I've also had something much worse than this on Canon el-cheapo photo paper. Do you have a different paper you can try just in case?

Back