Review Link Delight Wireless Remote for Canon small review

Steep

Nutcrack Rapids
Name
Hugh
Edit My Images
Yes
Well it has to be a small review as there's nothing complicated about it. First off the remote cost £11.99 plus £6 postage from Hong Kong for a total of £17.99 which is just under the vat/import duty limit. It came in a small jiffy bag, just the remote, no receipt or instructions, luckily the eBay page selling the item gives reasonable instructions on how to make it work.

Wireless remote for Canon cameras (fits models - EOS 350D/Rebel xT, EOS 300D/Rebel, EOS 400D/Rebel xTi, EOS 30,33, EOS 50,50E, EOS 300V, 300)
remote1.jpg

Both units are about 5cm/2inches in length. The receiver unit (Rx later on) on the left uses a CR-2 lithium battery, important point here, the CR-2 comes with a tight plastic wrapping that you must remove to allow it to make contact (took me 5 minutes to figure that one out when the receiver would not switch on at first) To switch it on you press and hold the red button for 2-3 seconds until the led lights up red and flashes rapidly for a second or so, then it will flash on/off slowly after that.

remote2.jpg

Apologies for the blurry shot here

The transmitter (Tx) uses a 12 volt 23amp Alkaline battery marked L1028 on mine, I think it's the same one used in some car remote controls. This battery has no covering so will work fine from the off. The transmitter does not switch on as such but works by pressing down on the red button. A half press will focus the camera and a full press takes the shot just as with the shutter button on the camera itself. It also has an extending aerial, I assume you need to pull it out fully to get the best out of the unit.

remote3.jpg

Once you have the Rx plugged in and switched on, a half press on the Tx button turns turns the LEDs on both units Green, a full press turns both LEDs red and takes the shot. Long timed exposures are taken by setting the camera to bulb, then the first full press on the Tx opens the shutter and the second closes it, easy.

dipswitch.jpg

There's a set of 4 dip switches on both units, you set the switches on the Tx to match those on the Rx, this arrangement means you can have up to 16 cameras with RX working independently from one Tx, not much use for 16 I don't think but 2 or possibly 3 maybe.

Build quality is fine, both units seem sturdy and well made. So far I'm very pleased with this purchase, I'll need to do some long distance tests to check the claimed 10-20 meter range but for now the remote set does what it was advertised to do at less than the cost of the basic Canon remote and there's no cable trailing. :)

Since the remote is wireless radio strong daylight wil not affect it as it does infra red ones.

Good review Steep, and a great price! (y)

Nice review Steep (y)

Looks like a very simple and practical device, and costs about the same as a genuine Canon remote cable release, so a bargain aswell :D

the photos are down - got any links?

Sorted, I had done some directory renaming on my site and forgot I need to change the links in posts.

Thank you you have been very informative i will have a look and see if i can see anything on said sight. Your review has been most helpfull.

Thanks again

Brassneck

Back