Lion photographs

Name
Brad
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone,

(Mods, please delete if I'm not allowed to do this - sorry!)

I am having a lion tattoo and am booked in for a few months!! I've found images on Google that I'm happy with and think I'll get. However, I thought it would be cool to get one that no one has got (I.e image not on Google) and where there is a back story to it. For example where and when you took the image etc.

I'd you are happy to share you images and if I'm allowed to do this I thought it would be great.

Thanks for your time anyway

Brad

Hi Brad and welcome to TP

Your post request is one of the most unusual I have seen.

I just wanted to introduce IMO some context to what you are asking and/or intending to do in regard imagery and copyright.

Firstly, I surmise that tattoo artists are "creatives" and their original artwork is their copyright and they are protective about that.

Unless explicitly stated (by a license agreement ~ one such I think is called Creative Commons) as such any pictures you find on the internet are not there for anyone to use freely as they wish. And for the record that includes a "derivative artwork" such as you are hoping to get done.

I am not trying to pour cold water on your plan for your tattoo but am concerned that folk respect the copyright of others. Especially those that find this thread by Google searches and need to understand such things.

All the best in finding and as appropriate being able to use it legally.

Last edited:
Hi Box,

Thanks alot for the reply. Very informative and helpful. I will close the thread as, as you said wouldn't like others to find the thread as well.

Perhaps if I was to message those whom have uploaded the images on this forum for their permission.

Apologies I am very naive and oblivious to how it works. Hopefully I can find an image and get a photographers permission.

Brad

Hi Box,

Thanks alot for the reply. Very informative and helpful. I will close the thread as, as you said wouldn't like others to find the thread as well.

Perhaps if I was to message those whom have uploaded the images on this forum for their permission.

Apologies I am very naive and oblivious to how it works. Hopefully I can find an image and get a photographers permission.

Brad
Hi Brad

IMO no need to close the thread.........just bring it to Mods attention by clicking "report" and asking their advice as appropriate.

PS it is staggering how quickly the Google bots crawl TP!

Back