Little Egret looking a little ruffled

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
## UPDATED FOLLOWING FEEDBACK ##

Spent a few days away with the wife over the last weekend and to be fair the weather / light has been pretty rubbish.

Spent a long day at Leighton Moss RSPB and after 6 hours had little to show for the trip. Sat in one of the hides and just watched the heavy wind throw things around.

Just as I was about to leave the sun started to come out and this Little Egret appeared.

He spent around 20 minutes preening then stepped up onto a bank between 2 lakes - big mistake :)

The wind caught him from behind and ruffled him up big style.

DSC_4535
by davepsemmens, on Flickr

Here he is running for cover :)

DSC_4536
by davepsemmens, on Flickr

Dave.

Last edited:
I think I prefer the vertical one. Seems a bit more focused in one the egret.

A pair of unusual shots of the Little Egret, Dave.
I prefer the pose and action of number 2 image, but both seem to have a slight blue colour cast as seen on my monitor. Those whites are difficult to get right I know, so I think you have got the exposure OK, but there does seem to be a lack of overall contrast to each image. Nevertheless at least you came away with some shots on a difficult day :)

Russ

Unfortunately the sun was out for the first time that day and it was bright and from directly behind the Egret.

I was in a hide and did not have the option to move to get a better angle for the shot - that would have been my preferred option.

I agree about the contrast - I did try but may have to look at it again.

I will take another look at the processing to make sure I have not added the blue cast.

I cropped the first closer as it was stood but allowed more room to move into in the second.

Thanks for the replies :)

Last edited:
An improvement over the originals Dave, you have exposed the whites well, especially as it is pretty much backlit.

Back