Little Egret

Not bad at all Russ, these are very difficult in bright light ... been trying last week and failed miserably most of the time :)

Russ are the hilights blown on the back? Mate I saw my first and took a couple of pics this week. I had the soft box grey sky and still struggled a bit,they sadly, were never close enough for anything good,but I still learnt a bit and actually saw two which was very cool for both of us. So although i'm sure you'll be going back for more,I feel you did incredibly well with this take in these conditions. For me shooting them against the grey sky didn't work,lack of expertise must be brought into account there though,but that light against some sort of coloured BKG(trees etc) really might be the answer for me at least.

Russ,I'm going to keep one shot of the guy having a scratch set against a dark BKG for the mo until I can do better,I can't tell you how much i'm struggling to get some of those details to show in the whites in dpp,so to add to the others comments I think you really did amazing here even if it's not quite there yet,

Wow these are tricky well done mate:)

Stu

Yes they are, Stu but in those light conditions,
the DR is going way off the top!

Struggled a bit maybe but given the lesser DR, you
should come to a decent result… wanna see! :)

Daniel,i'll try and get the fella up for you,look for a separate thread though out of respect for our good mate Russ:),It was a bit out of reach,but will be interesting to see what you think Daniel good or bad it's all fun and learning...... the man that never made mistakes never did nothing :D

take care buddy
Stu
oh Russ when you get here sorry for the slight derail ,it's these blummin egrets mate:rolleyes:

Back