Little Egret

Maybe more could be had from the bkg buddy?? the diffractive optics specular hilights, ?? I think that's what it isRuss?? they make the bkg sort of unnatural

This is strong light and a tricky image EXP wise,well for me it would be.

. Our DO lenses ,have this strange rendition to specular hilights or of SH's on ocassion ( mainly back lit) I'm as sure as I can be that's what I am seeing here, i'm curious if topaz has actually exabberated that ?? and if it can be worked around in post

Mate what ever it is I'm seeing is most distracting around the first egrets face. The bubbles Russ :LOL:

Hard to get those white correctly exposed Russ- I think these look ok to me

Les :)

Maybe more could be had from the bkg buddy?? the diffractive optics specular hilights, ?? I think that's what it isRuss?? they make the bkg sort of unnatural

This is strong light and a tricky image EXP wise,well for me it would be.

. Our DO lenses ,have this strange rendition to specular hilights or of SH's on ocassion ( mainly back lit) I'm as sure as I can be that's what I am seeing here, i'm curious if topaz has actually exabberated that ?? and if it can be worked around in post

Mate what ever it is I'm seeing is most distracting around the first egrets face. The bubbles Russ :LOL:

Many thanks Stu for your positive critique - just what I need to spur me into looking into this further!! :)
- I must admit I spent most of my limited time in pp concentrating on getting those whites correct in such harsh lighting, that I tended to ignore the "DO-itis" effects on the background. I'll post an improved image later!
Thanks buddy :)

Russ

Hard to get those white correctly exposed Russ- I think these look ok to me

Les :)
- Cheers Les, I think I've managed well with those whites under the harsh lighting, but Stu has rightly pointed out I need to re-visit the messy backgrounds!

Russ :)

Maybe more could be had from the bkg buddy??
- my best shot at softening the background and reducing those specular highlights caused by the DO lens optics on the first image, Stu - it is an improvement I think you'll agree, but it's something I going to have to watch for in future. Thanks again for considered input, mate (y)

Sharpen AI-27.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome Russ that's better isn't it :) I don't see it a lot Russ, I think our newer version lenses are much improved in this regard.

Back