little flower thingy

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
No idea what it is but it was bloody tiny. Perhaps that's why I felt the need to make feel special. :LOL:

picture-11.jpg

It's Erica, a winter flowering Heather, and an unusual photo too, I like it a lot.:)
Oooh... a Heather... I must show my daughter, thanks for pointing that out Susane.

Hey Daz: may I have permission to download this onto my daughters machine as desktop please...? (her name is Heather, and I keep telling her she has beautiful flowers after her name)

Lovely! really like that shot, would look great framed!

Hey Daz: may I have permission to download this onto my daughters machine as desktop please...?

Absolutley, be honoured. :)

Thanks Susane. Very nice name for a lovely little flower. I knew an Erica once, she was a lovely little thing too. Very fitting. :LOL:

works for me. i'd have that blown up on a canvas in my front room.

The natural french grey background with a burst of vibrant colour really compliment each other.
And the way its focused almost looks like a sheet of water creeping up to the flower. struggling for the words but from an artistic point of view i find it very beautiful!

I like this too :)

The expanse of the crackle backround really sets off and emphasises how delicate the little bloom is,
while its vibrant colour really pops out at you and ensures you just cant ignore it.

Lovely! (y)

Superb Daz (y) composition and DOF absolutley spot on :)

Thanks for the comments folks. :)

TBH, I'm not sure they were even 5mm each. The whole sprig was about the size of a little finger nail. The crackle stuff it's sat on was a small patch on a boulder about an inch and half across. It was also bloomin windy, which made the whole thing fun and I did have to go running after it once or twice.

I actually shot it because I'd wimped out and given up waiting for the light to fall how I wanted here.

picture-6.jpg

Plus I seemed to have attracted a crowd of confused snappers, which is not good. :LOL:

picture-7.jpg

Great shot... really love to composition...

me personaly.. I would blur the foregroud to match the background..... the cutoff between sharp and depth of field OOF looks a little to clean...

Dave.

Thanks for the comments folks, this must be my most popular ever thread. :D

I knew an Eric once, he was a lovely little thing too.
Awww Daz I didn't no you cared so much

I know you've been in hiding a while now but even I wouldn't go so far as to say I knew you once. :p

I'd also bet that only your mum ever called you a lovely little thing. :LOL:

that looks suspicously like loch coruisk (sp?) on skye. It probably isn't, many lochs look the same but there is something about that landscape looks eerily familiar.

It is indeed, good spot. :D

What would be REALLY impressive is if you remember which boulder had that little patch of cracked grey growing on it. ;)

Did you walk it or get the crazy little boat from Elgol? I'll be impressed if you walked it.

Last time I went was about 5 years ago, the best bit though, was the hob-nobs & Tea on the way back!

I'd like to say that I walked it but even with a stripped down camera kit, (mamiya 645, digi back, 3 lenses, tripod, filters etc..... yeah I know, but it's light for me :LOL: ) I don't think I'd have managed it.

I was with a group of snappers and we had our own boat for the week. We did get a little caught in the warfare for jetty space at the loch though. There is a new boat in elgol trying to run the old firm out of business and it's all quite frantic.

Our boat was pretty fast and we passed them racing for the jetty on our way over. Would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Boat hire sounds like a good thing to do. Considered it many times on my many trips to Scotland but never actually managed to sort it out. That and my complete lack of sea-faring ability putting me off.

Sorry, I've dragged this thread right off topic.

Well staying off topic, except that it's a great way to get shots like the heather one..... ;)

Get a group of people together and go here. It really doesn't get any better.

http://www.doune-knoydart.co.uk/

Hmmm,

Sounds very tempting. Don't think I'll be off on one of light & lands tours though. At £1k+ for a week I wonder if I'd actually get anything out of it?

Think I'll behaving a word with some of my mates about this one.....

Think I'll behaving a word with some of my mates about this one....
By far the best way to do it. IIRC, for 10 people to stay for a week, including some amazing food and the use of a very fast boat with an amazingly daring captain, it's about £650.

Thanks for the comments folks, this must be my most popular ever thread. :D

Hey Daz

Have you seen the avatar of one of our recently signed up younger members... ?? :)

'tis her desktop background as well...

Back