Little Grebe

Superb set , lucky you

Excellent set,especially the last one. They seem to catch fish that are larger than what they should be catching. I've seen a couple struggling to get their catch down but they persist.

Cracking set Mick (y)

Superb. Never get anywhere near these wee birds around here. How far away was that last headshot would you estimate?

“Cracking” set of shots, nuff said.

George.

These are top drawer, wonderful light.

I have some locally and I have gotten close but never this close.

Kudos. (y)

Last edited:
Superb. Never get anywhere near these wee birds around here. How far away was that last headshot would you estimate?

Cheers!

They are very hard work and no amount of chasing them works, they just see you and with a plop they gone under water and appear miles away

The only way I have found is to be on the ground and even then if they see you move they away again. I find Goosanders the same very skittish

Yet people at this location can just walk past them with dogs etc and they ignore them, but as soon as you lift a camera no sir they gone, go figure?

I was at this location a good 4 or 5 hours and most of the time they avoided me like the plague even though I was on the floor and in camo gear

I would guess this shot about 30-40 feet away? I was at 840mm with the 46mp D850 full fame (600mm + 1.4TC) and it still a big old crop !

Great shots Mick.............oh and believe me its not only you they see, have I tried oh I have tried :(

Back