Wild Little owl April

Hi Dave ,eye contact is always the first shot i get of which i have loads of , its looking for something different although not easy as there are only some many shots of the owl perched up that you can take ,time of year etc,as said in your post the female is laying low so all oportunities have to be taken from the male who does the same routine all day long ...the female can be more unpredictable which helps for something different,i may go for some more wide angled shots this year as i am cutting down on my kingfisher hide and letting someone else run it ,especially as i have a hide set up on another owl site thats not getting used ...not enough hours in the day

On that second shot Dave I was sat 20 feet away I even had time to take the converter off and take some video footage while talking to the bird,it only flew off when I moved and this is a owl at a non baited site....

These are awesome Den. Really loving the ones with the mouse/vole. Ive looked and looked for owls in the wild and only ever managed to spot one barn owl in the distance. For you to be able to get this close is unbelievable. Keep up the good work

Some great images , and what gorgeous light, enjoyed the narrative behind it also.

Appreciated , thanks, I always post the rough with the smooth ,as at the moment just the male is hanging around and not coming in until 8.00pm high iso and light not great,but it will get better as it always does,

Excellent again. Nice to see your doing the owl photos again for this year and sharing with us, enjoyed them so much last year.

What a fantastic series. Love them all. Impossible to find fault with any. Superb narrative. Thanks, I've never seen an owl in the wild.

Back