Little Owl & Chough

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Not great shots but great to see, I am so lucky to pass locations like this when working - certainly beats Maccy D's for a lunch break !
6t9q5280od4.jpg

6t9q5357tl2.jpg

dseered -- have to agree with Matt I'm afraid - but still nice to see both birds!!

Where did you see the Chough - there's not too many locations you'll get to see those in this country!!

Matt

Great to see the birds in the natural habitat, I think if you do anything to make them "pop" you will lose the natural element. Wild animals in their own environment shouldnt really stand out too much.

I like the shots, a little closer would have been great but a good spot none the less.

I don't think he was after brilliant photos in this case ... :thinking: ... he just wanted to make us Green with envy over his sightings ... :cautious:

I agree it is great to see them and the proof is more than adequate ... ;)

:p

I don't think he was after brilliant photos in this case ... :thinking: ... he just wanted to make us Green with envy over his sightings ... :cautious:

I agree it is great to see them and the proof is more than adequate ... ;)

:p

Correct, people get to hung up on the detail of a bird, to me some of the time it is nice to see the natural habitat - a kind gent let me look through his scope at x60 to see Mummy Kestral feeding her young with a mouse, also saw the newly fledged Peregrines, lovely fluffy heads they have, all this in half an hour :)

Sad story about the Owl, his partner was killed nearby and was found in the road, he now just sits there, watching the world go by :(

Both shots are crops and were taken at 400 mm on the Mk3 so 1.3 crop sensor aswell, they were a long way away hence not much point in cropping closer, at the crop I have done, you can see what they are, detail is good enough and they are in their own habitat, not captive birds.

SBB, Chough was seen near to Leighton Moss RSPB reserve.

Back