Wild Little owl in action

Superb detail Den (y)..........Was it coming onto a post or upright perch?? its perfect as it is but having the perch in shot would have just added that tad more

Reactions: den
Superb detail Den (y)..........Was it coming onto a post or upright perch?? its perfect as it is but having the perch in shot would have just added that tad more
No perch or post ,it was heading for the ground in this shot ,its the only area were i get the green background ,any higher and i am hitting the quarry background .
Got plenty of the post,perch in shot with the incoming bird

Last edited:
Wow, that's a bit special Dennis, beautiful detail and caught perfectly, that's got to be one of your best to date, wings back - talons forward, perfect.

as in:
That's enough to make me disgusted....

with my own results.
,should have put a smiley next to it as i was comparing to some comments i used to get inthe past ...and i was being a bit sarcastic ...
Thanks for stopping by and commenting ,it is apreciated as i am fully aware that some people find my little owl shots a bit boring

Wonderful detail and a moment in flight very well caught. Sounds like that quarry is 'owl paradise'. I do recall the early photos there so you're no doubt getting maturing offspring by now, I'd have thought.

I'm surprised there are many photos here with the awful light conditions over most of the UK in recent days.

Re. Steve's comment..'disgusting'..it caught my attention too but I immediately realised what he meant but as you say,Den, in forums it's important to make sure a comment isn't misinterpreted by adding a smiley and in this case the whole sentiment too.

I couldn't find these boring, they're jaw droppingly awesome (y)

Once in a lifetime shot that would be for me!

Last edited:
just superb

That's a beauty Den, caught the pose perfect (y)

It does look to have a touch of colour cast, I did a quick edit and it was easy to remove by just reducing the blues :)

Back