Little Ringed Plover

Thanks Robert, first time I have ever seen one of these ... honestly can't see a halo but my eyes are nearly 70 and I don't trust my glasses! :D

Thanks Robert, first time I have ever seen one of these ... honestly can't see a halo but my eyes are nearly 70 and I don't trust my glasses! :D
:)
I saw one for the first time last week. Very difficult to spot on the beach, and they also dart about rather quickly, so you did well considering your "old eyes". ;)

Bit of a halo around the beak area though.
honestly can't see a halo but my eyes are nearly 70

Halo not visible from here either…
trust your eyes and ask Robert what
he poured in his glass! :wacky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Since they are at my usual marsh, I
had the pleasure many times.

What means "to tag along?"

Last edited:
Another great shot Roger (y)

Glad you enjoyed the pool and the hide, makes a big difference being so low.

We were fortunate on Friday morning having something of interest, had an hour Saturday morning and there wasn't a lot, no W Sand, Plovers, or Dunlin, it was fairly busy too!

Another great shot Roger (y)

Glad you enjoyed the pool and the hide, makes a big difference being so low.

We were fortunate on Friday morning having something of interest, had an hour Saturday morning and there wasn't a lot, no W Sand, Plovers, or Dunlin, it was fairly busy too!
Thanks Phil, it was a great experience Friday morning ... I went back to the cliffs in the evening and the Gannets were 'wind-surfing' but crazy light for exposure, at least I got some Puffins :)

Thanks Maryla, it's the first time I have been close to one :)

And you keep telling me you can't get down to ground level :D

Nice work Roger, there is a very small halo, but it's indicative of posting from flickr as opposed to something you've missed - IMHO of course!

Mike

And you keep telling me you can't get down to ground level :D

Nice work Roger, there is a very small halo, but it's indicative of posting from flickr as opposed to something you've missed - IMHO of course!

Mike
Thanks Mike ... I have to confess that I was sitting down on a bench :D

Lovely shot. Is Thornwick Pool over Thornwick Bay, Bridlington etc. area? (Assume so with the name, but you never know :) ). Want try and get over there again this year.

Lovely shot. Is Thornwick Pool over Thornwick Bay, Bridlington etc. area? (Assume so with the name, but you never know :) ). Want try and get over there again this year.
Thanks Steve, yes it is near Flamborough, though the following day the Wood Sandpiper, Ringed Plover and Little Ringed Plover had gone so you may want to see if you can check recent sightings before you go. :)

Thanks gramps [emoji5]. Normally go up for the Puffins, Gannets etc. at Bempton. Holiday'd around there a few times (kids just love getting on the beach) but never actually been down to Thornwick Bay. Looks like I need to make a trip!

Nice shot Roger

We often get them nesting in front of one of the hides at Blashford

Stan

Nice shot Roger

We often get them nesting in front of one of the hides at Blashford

Stan
Thanks Stan, apparently they have nested at Thornwick but never got past the eggs being eaten :(

the following day the Wood Sandpiper, Ringed Plover and Little Ringed Plover had gone

And all back again Sunday! .....maybe they had a day excursion booked for the bank holiday :D

Back