Liverpool Anglican Cathedral

Edit My Images
Yes
Excellent set, love the last (y)

For me the Angled perspective makes them rather claustrophobia. Sorry.

formal architectural shots need to have perspective, but with out distortion.
I find these uncomfortable. If you were having trouble getting everything in a stitch would have been preferable.

Last edited:
Very well processed, but the distortion and angles kill them for me. These are shot way to wide for this particular subject and they feel unnatural as a result. You're also not looking square on with any of them except the last one. Look at the corners and run your eye into the picture on the lines of the building and you'll see it where they clip the edge of your frame, it isn't enough out of square to look intentional which I don't think it was.

Very well processed, but the distortion and angles kill them for me. These are shot way to wide for this particular subject and they feel unnatural as a result. You're also not looking square on with any of them except the last one. Look at the corners and run your eye into the picture on the lines of the building and you'll see it where they clip the edge of your frame, it isn't enough out of square to look intentional which I don't think it was.

i noticed i wasn't square on when i got them on the computer, it was quite evident but i have never shoot anything like this before. as for too wide how else would i show the height of the roofs?

Shoot portrait for a start, that's why the last one works.

If you really want to improve then have a look at other shots inside Cathedral's and really study the shots. Architectural stuff is not as easy as it looks by any means.

Last edited:
This is certainly not a cathedral....but is a shot of a rather tall building taken in a small courtyard space.
It was taken hand held, two landscape shots one above the other and stitched using PTAssembler.
It is a some what ramshackle set of buildings with few true verticals or horizontals.
Had I used My Pano bracket it might have been slightly better. but It gives an Idea of what can be done.in cramped circumstances
using stitched images.

Back