Liverpool Cathedral sunrise

A smidge dark at the top for me, but a lovely image nonetheless.

Very nice presentation Sir, liking this shot very much.(y)

George.

Nice shot. As mentioned and acknowledged by you, Nigel.. did you try a crop down from the top ? I used a piece of paper to do it and it does look better for the reduction.The darkness is a tad overwhelming if anything can be 'a tad' overwhelming..lol.

Did you try another shot after the sun went behind the cathedral ?

Nice shot. As mentioned and acknowledged by you, Nigel.. did you try a crop down from the top ? I used a piece of paper to do it and it does look better for the reduction.The darkness is a tad overwhelming if anything can be 'a tad' overwhelming..lol.

Did you try another shot after the sun went behind the cathedral ?

Yes, a did a series of the sun passing behind the spire and coming out the other side

Wow, stunning colour there. Haven’t been on here for a while but remember your stuff and still up to your usual standard. Nicely done!

What everyone else said re a crop - maybe go for a 5x7 or a 4x5. Leave some space for copy text though as a square - as good as it is, won't make a magazine cover where this in 5x7 probably will - particularly the dead space at the top lends itself to text/title etc.

What everyone else said re a crop - maybe go for a 5x7 or a 4x5. Leave some space for copy text though as a square - as good as it is, won't make a magazine cover where this in 5x7 probably will - particularly the dead space at the top lends itself to text/title etc.

Here's a 4x5 which I think is better than 5x7
4x5 cathedral by
Nigel Pitts-Drake
, on Flickr

Back