Liverpool

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
No
I was in Liverpool with work for a few days last week and managed to find a dry day to get some shots along the waterfront near the Liver Building. It was too early for any blue hour stuff with the river, but I tried to capture some of the interesting buildings and architecture down there (as well as the obligatory Liver Birds shots!) Full set here for anyone interested.

Any and all comments greatly appreciated, thanks for looking (y)

20332989008_69be1fa2a2_c.jpg

20512175292_dee72ac589_c.jpg

20521031395_9f9c21d2ba_c.jpg

20334328869_280b00525e_c.jpg

20512190692_29d11fe378_c.jpg

20332955400_7edeaa2615_c.jpg

20332958310_2066866ba4_c.jpg

20494818686_9034391d0a_c.jpg

Some decent images there Tony, I especially like the reflection on the side of the building with the Liver birds and the clock tower.

Really nice set of images Tony, of a place I like very much.(y)

George.

Some decent images there Tony, I especially like the reflection on the side of the building with the Liver birds and the clock tower.

Thanks Steve, that is one of my favourite too, old and new and all that :)

Really nice set of images Tony, of a place I like very much.(y)

George.

Cheers George, it's a great spot, I just wish I had had more time to shoot. I had spotted loads of other interesting locations whilst in an around the city centre, but never had the camera with me. One reason why I am looking to pick up a good compact soon

Some nice images there, like the reflection one

For me, no.7 is the outstanding image in a very good set.
Thanks Graeme, appreciate you taking the time to comment and interesting to see that 7 seems to be a common favourite :)

Really like number 7. I tried something similar to shot 2 using a 12mm lens.
Thanks Rory. 17mm is the widest focal length I have available to me just now, but I wish I had had a UWA for those interiors - a fantastic building that would have really benefitted from it! I might look to pick one up as I seem to be drawn to this kind of shot lately. Would be interested to see your shot at 12mm if you fancy throwing it up?

Some nice images there, like the reflection one
Thanks for looking and commenting, Jonothan (y)

A really nice set of images :)
I used to love visiting Liverpool in years gone by
And so many Happy memories

I like your eye on things, cool compositions and renditions.
Do I notice a systematic reluctance at keystoning?

A really nice set of images :)
I used to love visiting Liverpool in years gone by
And so many Happy memories
Cheers Phil, 'tis a fantastic city to stroll around with a camera, that's for sure :)

I like your eye on things, cool compositions and renditions.
Do I notice a systematic reluctance at keystoning?
Thanks Daniel. Re keystoning... guilty as charged :oops: :$ although I shall endeavour to do better from now on ;)

Back