Liz's 52 for 2019 Week 42 - Song

Excellent image Liz!
I love the composition and those channels in the sand are well placed.
Those little blobs on the sand (have they been left behind by the cockles?) are very interesting too.
I've tried cockle 'fishing', and those things are really fast! I was amazed how quickly they move....if they sense you, they're gone in a flash!:eek:
Great for the theme, and well done on the technique too!(y)

Good image, i would crop it to get rid of the glass and bar at the front and also the white foam behind, maybe brighten in slightly.
I might have done but I understood this month's tech had to be 'as taken' and I thought it was realistic anyway for an early morning shot.

Excellent image Liz!
I love the composition and those channels in the sand are well placed.
Those little blobs on the sand (have they been left behind by the cockles?) are very interesting too.
I've tried cockle 'fishing', and those things are really fast! I was amazed how quickly they move....if they sense you, they're gone in a flash!:eek:
Great for the theme, and well done on the technique too!(y)
Thanks Gareth. Must admit I didn't know they were fast movers either.

Nicely captured Liz. It's certainly wet there. If he's doing it for a living, he's certainly earning his wages

Week 11 - Entrance
Morris Men perform at the entrance of Cusworth Hall, near Doncaster (Had to go down to 700 before it would be accepted. Don't know if it looks any different.)

Morris Men edited2.jpg

Both very nice images Liz.
Free: I really like this image, it's perfectly composed with spot on placement of the rock and the ship as foreground/background.
Excellent colours too, the warmth of the stone perfectly compliments the coolness of the water.
Entrance: it's certainly a fun, colourful image with lots going on. I like the diagonal formed by the grass on the right.
Nice work Liz!(y)

Thank you both. I must agree about the horizon Dave, though I hadn't noticed it till you said. I have tried straightening it, but it didn't do it quite enough for me with the tools I have on the desktop computer, but it can usually straighten better on my ipad so I'll have another go with that tomorrow.

Liz, wet and sooc is just great, nice for the theme
Free, is this in the UK ? To be honest the horizon is a tad out, a little edit will sort for sure
Entrance, nice pic and I like the story

Free is Santander, N Spain. I think most people who use this port and then travel on miss a lot. Santander is a lovely city with great beaches.

FREE - I agree about the composition, spot on, but I would have straightened the horizon I think.
ENTRANCE - It's ok, but as said it does seem a bit jam-packed with people. Well, at least they brightened up what seemed to be an overcast day!!

Hi Liz,

Free - Equilibrium has been achieved, the sea is no longer pouring off the edge of the disc. Archchancellor Ridcully will be pleased :) Loving the way you've captured teh waves coming around the rock/outcrop providing a graphical example of why the water in The Solent is choppy.

Entrance - Plenty of colour, but as others have said, a bit busy. I suspect it helps to have been there at the time to gain context.

Food - Hmmm... bug shots... Sorry, not my thing but I guess the juxtaposition of the dark of the fly and translucent of the spider's legs is clever.

Ha ha, like it Liz. One of them is definately food, and one is wishing he wasn't

Can feel the humidity from here. Lush greens. Good capture. Hope the camera didn’t fog up

All your shots are bang on theme Liz.
I like the SMOOTH image. Good idea. I find these sculpted hedge things very bizarre and it looks like something out of Alice in Wonderland!!
The HOT house looks like an interesting place, too.

Oooft there's water dripping from my monitor! Nicely done hot shot!

Lovely set of images Liz!(y)
Young: very nice detail and use of DoF....colours are super.
Smooth: I love this image, really well composed, and the simple colour palette works well. Nicely done!
Above: fantastic ceiling, great details and beautiful colours and tones....well taken.
Hot: wow....the humidity jumps right out of the frame! I can really sense the moisture in the air....very nice image!

Hi Liz

Above, what a fantastic ceiling, great details and beautiful colour and tones, good shot.

Hot and plenty of humidity. Love the greens of the plants. image looks a bit out of kilter, but a difficult thing to get right as the path does not appears to be level and the perspective to the back of the building does not help.

Pete

Young, smooth and hot - all lovely images Liz. Great detail and colour to them - Spring has certainly sprung

Above - I really like. That's ana amazing ceiling and it's very hypnotic when you scroll

Hi Liz, not been around for few week so apologies for not commenting!
My favourite from the last few weeks has to be smooth topiary, nicely thought out

Back