Liz's 52 for 2019 Week 42 - Song

Crowd works - hate those queues!

Light - great composition and plenty of ... light on show.
Crowd - on theme (I hate those zig-zag things!) nicely done.

Liz, crowded for me is spot on, one of the reasons I hate these places is the extortion they charge for an entrance fee then and extre fee to shorten the queue ! Hope you had a great day though

Thanks Clive. This was just to get in + we had to walk for ever from the car park so be prepared to be on your feet all day.

Chris, yes I had a good day with grandchildren and great grandchildren. Only went on one thing though - 0 to 60 or whatever in seconds! At least it didn't last long and didn't make me feel sick.

LIGHT - nice work with the compostion, plenty of light so works well.
CROWD - queues are crowds, so perfect for the theme.

Lovely colourful shot, right on theme. Nicely done

Liz

It's a shame flower decay so quickly, Nice colours but to me looks a little bit overexposed on the leaves bottom right.

Pete

Nice set of images Liz.

Light: Spectacular image....love the rock silhouette and the wave detail and water spray is terrific! Very nice work indeed!
Crowd: Yep, that's a crowd! Perfect fit for the theme. Nice use of the fence for diagonals.
Decay: Great light you had there, and lovely colours too.
Nice work.(y)

Nice light mage there. Creates a lovely reflection on the sea.

Crowd - yup, it's a crowd and works well for the theme Liz. Nicely done. The god awful queuing to get on rides at the theme parks used to drive me bonkers, for a 30 second ride :(

Nice image for decay. I originally thought of similar but the issus keeps watering the bloody things!

Bang on theme

Hi Liz,

Young - So... To me the focus seems to be on the branch rather than the blossom. It could just be my tired old eyes, but I feel critical focus wasn't achieved. Nice spot for the theme though :)
Smooth - This is far better :) Feeling this one. Good use of the greens and blues.
Above - Not an easy shot this, I'm guessing you were fairly wide open due to the light. Which means the ceiling isn't all sharp... I might have used the chandelier for the focus point instead? Maybe a thought? Dunno...
Hot - Is that Tatton park too? It definitely sells the theme, with the humidity on the image hazing throughout. :)
Light - Lovely image. Loving the use of the reflections of the sun, the star-burst of the sun, the blue of the sky and sea. (y)
Crowd(ed) - I would have liked to have seen someone looking in your direction visibly. Street loses it's impact when all you have is the back of heads, sorry :( Fits the theme nicely though.
Decay - Nicely counterpoints the dead bloom with the one that's still alive :) Great purple colours.
Free - Nice macro. Sharp, plenty of texture. Can't have been easy with a moving horse...

Thank you all for your comments, particularly Tim for taking so much time to do so. I'm really just a happy snapper, so really appreciate it when people like what I manage to produce.

Nicely done Liz. Those eyelashes are amazing

Liz, works for the theme for me. Perhaps a little closer so we can see the detail and you would of ticked the box for the tech as well ! Love the dappled background !

Week 24 - Time - It's that TIME of year when you put in your new plants and something comes along and nips all the new shoots off! Caught in the act. My husband is not a happy bunny.

Rabbit edited.jpg

Hi Liz

Whole, Different take on a hard theme, perspective looks a little bit out, but it shows more of the nice light in the background.

Fragile, Nice looking plants and the OOF background works. Flowers look a bit soft. I find it very difficult on soft coloured flowers to see if focus is good on the camera screen.

Time, Picture of your husband (Happy Bunny) in the bushes is different.

Pete

Hi Liz,

Whole - Nice to have a bit of background like that and the vertical perspective.
I would, however, have tried to get a bit more to camera right to remove the horizontal perspective (or more likely I would have corrected it in post as I'm rubbish at getting it spot on in camera ;) )

Fragile - Hmm, not sure where the focus is in that shot, maybe on the leaf at the bottom? I think I would have tried to get the pink bits of the flowers more into the focal plane (which maybe means a deeper DoF (can't tell as we can't see your exif info)).

Time - Great capture of the moment, and works nicely for the theme.

Thank you all for your comments. I agree the flowers do look a bit soft and yes the focus on the bottom leaf is better. C'est la vie! Unfortunately, I think bunny has taken up residence. We keep leaving the gate open and inviting him/her to leave, but don't think he's taken the hint yet and worry about him inviting the family to join the feast.

Hi Liz,
Nice catch up.
I especially like you take on squash - Very clever :clap:
Full has got so much going on and loads of great colour.
I think Dirty is a great shot. Looks like a hard days work in the garden.
Wide is another cracker. It certainly is a super wide field of view!

Back