Liz's 52 for 2019 Week 42 - Song

Very nice set of images Liz.(y)

Full: Lovely, colourful image that's very interesting - I like the figure at the end of the bridge.
Dirty: Perfectly fits the theme and a nice composition.
Wide: Fantastic pano Liz! Couldn't be a better fit for the theme. Very nice ineed!

Full: lovely colourful image with plenty going on, good perspective.
Dirty: like this one a lot, plenty of interest, did you try it in mono too?
Wide: one of my ideas was going to be a beach, really like this, great job.

Thank you all for your very kind comments. Not all taken this week of course as I've not been anywhere to take any, but relied on my back albums to find something otherwise I would have fallen even further behind. However, thought my husband looked sufficiently dirty this week after a day in the garden and no I never thought about trying it in b/w, but might have a try. The wide shot was the result of trying out the facility on my camera which allows you to move the camera across a landscape - sorry can't remember what it's called!

Week 26 - Drink - Tea only!
Two for the price of one this week.

DSC03455edit.jpg

And where are the glasses? - All this wine and not a drop to drink
IMG_2928.JPG

Last edited:
The cellar picture is great, just a shame about the hosepipe. :)

Week 30 - Free/Tech Colour Pop
Never done this before, so am putting two up as a comparison to see what anyone thinks. Hope the second one will do for Week 29 - Closed too!1 Pop 2019-07-25 20.57.46_edited-1.jpg

4 PopMereliz Cottage 26.5.19.jpg

Last edited:
I like them both, really nice colour pops and great images to boot! Lovely stuff

The cottage door is great!

Thank you one and all. Surprised me really. My husband preferred the door,but I thought the flower was a better colour pop.

Both look really good to me and I think you've done a great job on the colour pop.

Thank you both. I must say it was interesting doing something new. Fortunately I happened to have an old magazine with instructions in for colour pop. It took a while to get the hang of it though and I'm not sure I could do it with other colours.

I just create a B&W layer then use the erase tool to delete the B&W over whatever I want to 'colour pop'. Fairly quick. I do like the cottage door.

Week 31 -Life
John Parr (St Elmo's Fire) in Concert
John Parr, St Elmo's Fire Edited.JPG

Last edited:
Hi Liz.

Wk30 Snapper Choice, What a lovely cottage, colour pops works very well on the roses. 2nd image is also nice, but I prefer the cottage.

Wk31, nice shot of an artist who is enjoying his life, singing and playing. Wish I could do that, but can't sing or play.

Pete

Thank you both. He was out of my time really, (think I must have been too busy rearing children) but was doing a charity tour of village halls and came to ours. He lives not too far away. When I looked him up, I was amazed to see what he had done during his career. V talented and a great showman.

Week 32 - Interior, take 2
Thought this might interest some of you - the cockpit of the Vulcan Bomber.
Vulcan Bomber Cockpit Edit Final.jpg

The first image is very nice.(y)
I like the colours and it's very well composed.
I have to agree with Stan on the second image however - it's a bit blurry....I'm sure the lighting in there wasn't great though.
Interesting to see the cockpit of one of the most impressive aeroplanes ever built though, nicely done Liz.

2 nice pix. The cockpit makes my eyes go funny - guessing it was dark in there!

Thank you all. To be honest, the cockpit needed too much work to make it presentable at all, but I thought one or two might be interested to see such an interior. I was only offered a glimpse really as well so it wasn't reallly set up very well.

Nice spot there Liz, I hope it doesn't have to live in that shed, surely plastic cows have rights too! :D

Good shot! Looks like the cow belongs in Milton Keynes with the concrete ones...

Very clever shot Liz with the juxtaposition of the plastic cow and the lovely old church spire.

Thanks. Taken at Clumber Park, Notts. We actually went to see the concrete cows at Milton Keynes when they first appeared - how sad is that? - and I thought this might be the same, but a gentle knock proved otherwise.

Back