Liz's 52 for 2019 Week 42 - Song

Lovely view and a really good idea, Liz. Taken from a plane on your way home?

I think I would probably crop that plain sky above the line of clouds and try to boost the contrast a little bit (if it was taken through an aircraft window that would explain it) but it's a really good choice for the theme with the open road and all that open countryside.

Hi Liz,

Is that taken from a plane? It has the feel of being taken through glass.
My thoughts on this would be to perhaps increase the contrast / play with de-haze to give it a more edgy look.
I may have cropped out some of the sky, there is an interesting line of clouds in the sky, but above that it doesn't (IMO) add a lot.

Of course, it's only my thoughts and I'm sure others will have different opinions.
Lovely view and a really good idea, Liz. Taken from a plane on your way home?

I think I would probably crop that plain sky above the line of clouds and try to boost the contrast a little bit (if it was taken through an aircraft window that would explain it) but it's a really good choice for the theme with the open road and all that open countryside.

I really don't know where it was taken from but pretty sure it wasn't from a plane! They went in the car :D

First look I thought maybe it was taken with a drone? Fits the theme in many ways.

Interesting shape of the road weaving through the image, and the solar panels in the bottom right are interesting to see from above. I would perhaps add a pop of contrast to make it a bit less hazy, but apart from that it's great.

Hi Liz

New, As others have said Horizon is out a bit, also exposure is out, either darken it to make a full blown sillute or brighten just your other half for some details. Very difficult to include the sun setting like that on such a clear sky, something is going to suffer.

Cleaner, the sheets look very clean. Again watch your exposure, the highlight on the sheet looks blown out, better to under expose than go over.

Open, nice view over open country side, no doubt on your way back to blighty. I don't mind where the road is, its not like you could ask the pilot to go back. You could have reduced the exposure a bit to get details in the clouds at the top.

Pete

Lovely patchwork of fields from high up. Less sky would be better I think. But a lovely OPEN road!

Maybe a vertical crop (see what i did there;)) closer to the road itself? just a thought.

To put you all out of your misery, it was a helicopter as I won a trip in a draw. I take all your points on board and will see what it looks like with the road in the middle and less sky. I had already taken a bit of the helicopter off. It was a lovely trip over Stratford/Warwick Castle.

Thought I'd written a comment already, but it seems to have disappeared. This was actually taken from a helicopter as I won a trip in a draw. We went over Stratford upon Avon and Warwick Castle, which was very nice. I've noted everyone's comments and will have another look at it with the road in the middle and less sky at some point. Thanks one and all.

Sometimes you just can't win, can you? As soon as I'd written the comment again, the first one popped up!

New - good start, but i feel that the face could use a bit more light, though having said that I feel it may be a much stronger image with more of a silhouette feel to it.
Clean - great take on the theme, well lit and good composition.
Open - nice take on the theme, cant fault this at all and even better that it was shot from a ride out in a helicopter ( already counting the days down till my next heli flight ).

Open - Interesting patchwork of fields with the different colours and patterns, I agree with others about cropping the sky

Has to be my favourite for cold so far, the bulrushes in the foreground with that touch of snow against the pond and the background just say cold, cold, cold to me

Good use of the rule of thirds. However I am slightly distracted by the oof reed at the bottom of the image. Like the colour rendition of this photo.

I'm overwhelmed! I had another one of a really murky misty day that I considered using, but I really liked the clarity of this one and must admit I didn't notice the oof reed until I really looked for it; not sure how that happened. Thanks a lot for your comments.

Nice overall image Liz, i have to agree with Mandy about the OOF reed though.

Great images Liz!(y)

Distant: what a lovely image....such amazing colours, and the composition is perfect.
The windmills are well placed, for me however, it's the boat in the foreground that wins me over....such an inspirational image!

Cold: perfectly defines the theme - the ducks give it a great bit of interest too. I can really sense the cold....very well taken.

I don't think you could find many better ways to fit the theme, well done! Glad I'm not one of those swans, that water looks a bit cold for me :LOL:

Week 6 - Waiting (for collection by the Council - part of the 50+ bags of rubbish filled in this beauty spot last Saturday)

1.jpg

I like your take on waiting. But it is such a pity that such a shot is possible in the first place. A sign of the times that we are all hoping will change. And of course just waiting is a waste of time, and great that this type of activity takes place.

As Bob says....it's a nice image of a sad sight, shame this sort of thing happens at beauty spots all over the country!
It is nevertheless, a very well taken image with lots of detail, and the yellow bag in the foreground works well as a focal point
An important bit of story telling Liz, and fitting for the theme.(y)

Sad to see, but no great surprise nowadays. Well spotted.

Back