Liz's 52's for 2017 - Week 52 - Weather(and done)

Did you want to show us something Liz? :cool:

Thank goodness I've found you. Didn't know how to reply. I put Agriculture on a thread to say which week it was for, a photo place came up and then I couldn't get the photo onto it. Thought I could copy and paste but obviously not. Any help would be most welcome.

Any help would be most welcome.

I upload my pictures to my website and link them
in my post. I know not all have website.

…and don't do social medias so I cannot help you
there, sorry… :(

If adding from your PC the file size must be no more than 1024px on the longest side
and less than 500kb

ss.jpg

Well, I've got a photo of myself into my profile, so that's a start. Just need to get my Agriculture photo in now!

Thanks Cobra. I see the upload a file button, but will this take it to the 52's?
You need to start your own 52 thread, in the same forum that this is in,
Take a look here and you should get the idea
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/365s-52s.153/

then also add the picture here
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...mages-only-please-week-27-agriculture.639873/

And hyper link it back to your own thread.

Everything you need to know about joining in the 52's is here
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/tp-52ers-class-of-2017-how-toos-guides-and-linkys.639876/

Last edited:
I think I will have to give up for today. The photo I want to post seems to be too big now. Don't know why or if it can be rectified. Guess I will have to get more personal help from somewhere.

Hello Ms Reeve

Don't give up on Staff Member Cobra, he's a good lad really, goes the extra mile to offer the personal service. ;)

A big thank you to everyone who has offered help today and for the welcome - at my age you certainly need it! Also to Missycat, my lovely daughter, who got me there in the end. It's actually a lake not a river, Dave; the river is unseen but just beyond it. Just needed a walk up the lane from my cottage to snap it. Looking forward to next week now, when no doubt I'll be on the phone to Missycat again.

Welcome to the 52 and well done for persevering. I remember it seemed a lot to remember when I first started but you soon get in the routine of posting.

Nice start, I like the inclusion of the flowers in the lower right. It's a shame it was such an overcast day, think it would have looked even nicer with some warm sunlight on it.

Welcome from me too and well done for sticking with it. I like the way the field of wheat echos the flow of the river into the distance and nice thirds composiiton, the tricky bit is balancing the exposure of the bright sky but that will come with experience (and possibly by taking the shot at a different time of day). Good start to your 52 (y)

@Missycat any more family members lurking in the wings :wave:

Hey Liz, welcome aboard! :wave: I didn't know George was going to drag you into this mad little 52 world :)

Well done with getting your first photo linked up, and you're off to a good start with that one; lots of lovely curves and good depth from front to back. I look forward to seeing more photos and hope you enjoy it.

Thanks again to everyone. I'm pleased you like my first effort. The sky was overcast as it was actually raining a bit at the time and Missycat privately said it was a bit over-exposed, but I'll keep trying.

Hi Liz well done on getting it posted it was worth it. A nice view with plenty of interest in it. Shame about the weather when you took it

Coughton Court, Alcester.jpg Week 28 Graceful -

This is my second attempt to post this as I didn't do it right first time round!! This photo was taken at Coughton Court, near Alcester, in June, not really in the time-frame, but it seemed to fit the bill.

Last edited:
Hi Liz.
Interesting statue, nice old church in the background and most of the sky has interest.
Have you considered cropping out some of the left hand side and some of the sky to place the statue on the left hand third (though I suppose she's looking the wrong way (out of the frame) so maybe your composition is better :) )

Lovely statue for graceful in a well captured setting with nicely controlled sky, very good

Welcome from me too. It can take a while to get used to posting your theme, but you have a good tutor in your daughter.
The statue has an air of grace fulness and the surroundings frame it nicely (y)

Thank you for your 'gracious' comments and your welcome. They're all very encouraging.

Week 29 Fruit(s)
These fruits are either in our garden or just across the lane. Rose hip, Hazel nuts (before the squirrel gets them), and elderberries - not quite ripe yet I'm afraid.

Back