Liz's 52's for 2017 - Week 52 - Weather(and done)

Curves - really well seen for the theme, loads of curves going on there, as @mjmountain says a tighter crop might enhance it.

An interesting plant, not something I've (knowingly) seen before.
I will agree with the two previous comments, cropping to remove the daylight top left would probably help the shot a bit.
I might want to darken the blacks in the image too, to give it a bit more punch.

Week 35 - Occupation

Taken in 'Four Teas', 40's tea room, in Stratford on Avon yesterday. I'm sure you will recognise this name as a pun, as is the photo if you think about it. Thought I'd also give it the 40's treatment. Don't you think she's a cracker?

2017-08-31 17.08.10 Edited.jpg

You know how all the experts say "make sure you don't crop out the feet", well on this occasion...
The trainers really don't match the rest of the outfit (though if she's on her feet all day, you can understand why).
Have you tried bringing the whites up a bit? They are looking a bit 18% grey.
Smashing find for the theme though :)

good take for the theme slight crop of the bottom and left hand side to remove the plant pot, I like the 40's treatment

Good find for occupation and the muted tones suit the 1940's feeling.

sharp and good muted colour, subject is a bit central ... we're missing half the "L" in Lyons. Anyway fab model hold that thing "ration book" indeed.

Curves
Good vision to see these curves. A good close up shot.

Seem to have lost the link to Arch(ing) somewhere! Sorry about that.

How come I got alerts for Arch(ing) before I had put them up?

Last edited:
You - good interpretation of the theme but I find the background a bit distracting because it is brighter than the subject

Arches - well spotted, I hadn't even thought of wheel arches and those are lovely examples.

And , someone else on my wavelength...wheelarch was first thought, so well done for finding such a fitting example for the theme.

Nice portrait Liz, shame about the bright BG. Difficult I Guess with all that sunshine:D

Great interpretat:)ion with the wheel arches. Lovely car very 1930's

Your Arches photo is lovely what a beautiful car that is. As part of my catch up I also like the Lyons Tea Room nippy. I worked for J Lyons in Guildford for a few months in the 70s, the coffee machine was a work of art!

You is a powerful portrait (y) but could do with a little more light on his face.

Fab car, fab idea for Arch. (y)

Nice choice for Arch Liz, good work

Week 38 - Display

This spectacular cactii displays many flowers, but each one of these beautiful flowers lasts for one day only. They come out with the morning light and have gone by early evening as you can see from one just in the bottom of the photo.

2017-09-17 08.13.16.jpg

Lovely shot with good detail, and I really like the extra flower in a flower too...

Really nice shot, good work

Thanks to everyone for your comments. Really appreciated. Sorry about the link not working. Seems I'm proving to be a bit better at the photography than the technology! Perhaps George can sort me out again....

Week 39 - Bent
Wasn't as easy as it looks and I'm sure it could have been better with the right equipment.

PA020005 (2).jpg

I love the idea Liz, nice work

Back