weekly Liz's 52's for 2018 - Week 52 and Finished

Nice view, good sky but could perhaps do with more of a focal point for the eye to settle on.

Nice colours and nice to see some southern European architecture.
I agree with Dave & Chris, there are some tweaks you could make to the image, but I'm assuming you're on Holiday so as far as I am concerned, fair play getting anything posted at all !!!! :)

Sensible place to be at this time of year :)

I'm assuming you're on Holiday so as far as I am concerned, fair play getting anything posted at all !!!!

That's only because I have the most wonderful daughter in the whole world, who is posting them for me :whistle::naughty:

Very pretty gate, nice that the paint matches the greenery :D

My Area - I like the pinkness of the sky and the High PoV lovely Holiday view.
Gate - Very Pretty it does merge in with the flowers I think that's the idea. I like it

Lovely shots Liz and certainly better weather then here. Agree with the comments on the first; it could do with something to focus on, but lovely sky. Gate looks very typical of those houses in Spain/Portugal. Lovely muted colours.

Thank you all, especially Missycat, for all your comments. I agree with them all really and will try to lighten the foreground of Braganza when I get home; I just loved the overall colours. The problem of the gate was that it was late afternoon and a little shady which meant the flowers didn't show up as much as I would have liked, but it looked so pretty I couldn't resist it. I think I might send all my photos to my 'wonderful' daughter in future; she makes less mistakes in posting than I do!!

welcome back Liz

I think I went to Braganza once ... don't think this pic does it justice, there is some amazing historic architecture there. This is modern day reality with a nice sky. :)

Gate is right on theme and the flowers above the gate add a nice touch to it.

Both good shots and very much on theme. For people I'd like to see a closer crop, just on the six people on and around the benches.

Hi Liz,

People - Kudos for taking the shot of people where you can see faces. :)
Does it possibly warrent a little sharpening / clarity adding?

Stark - Works for the theme for me. Plenty of sharp detail.
That's a weird effect you've captured of the plane. Did you aim to catch a reflection, or was it pure luck?

People - bang on for the theme, I think a closer crop and a little straighten would greatly improve this image.

Stark - another lovely bright blue sky, certainly looks very strak, I think a bit more of a letterbox crop would work as I find the bright dot from the plane a bit distracting and draws the eye away from the main part of the photograph.

Stark bang on for the theme Liz. Possibly clone or crop that signpost. Great effect from the plane; I thought it was the sun too.:)

Week 4 - Over

Yes, the holiday's over, Missycat's gone back to her bed (thanks for the last few weeks) and, after a struggle, I have managed to find my way to the 2018 link. Just one last photo from Portugal though. This is from the Pousada at Cascais where 600 swallows are all over the walls and you had to look over the wall from the lobby to see the bar and the restaurant. Two 'overs' for the price of one.

2018-01-13 19.50.33Edited.jpg

You're all too kind. Thank you for your comments. Re the People shot, I had already cropped it quite a bit and thought it might get more blurry if I went further, but I also thought it was ok to show the surroundings with other people going about their normal business whilst the old men did what old men do. With Stark, I'm not sure I would know how to get rid of the signpost at present; I do have Photoshop, but don't know much about it. I'll have to have a go, but at least the sign was at the narrow angle and didn't ruin the whole thing completely.

Wow. Is that real Liz - all those swallows over the wall?

After the bright shots you've posted so far this year, this one feels a bit muddy.
I'm guessing low light and high ISO to keep the shutter speed high enough not to blur the people in the shot.

People - good capture of life in the Algarve
Stark - well there is a stark contrast in the weather where you are and where I am. Stark landscape there great detail good choice
Over - Interesting art installment must be quite a sight up close

Yes, the swallows are spectacular; trying to count them was rather difficult and I only made about 500, but they say 600. Sorry for the muddiness LC2, but I'm afraid I'm not up to fancy camera settings yet - need to either go to some classes or buy another camera I expect.

Interesting photo, interesting place, but yes muddy ....

Over really is an incredible picture, I cant quite get over the number of swallows. It's definitely a picture that very much fits the bill :)

Interesting shot and well composed, and two overs for the price of one! But yes, it feels a bit muddy...

Back