LJ (Light Jeep) Series Suzuki

Edit My Images
No
This belongs to an old couple who keep it in good shape and drive it to the local shopping center about every day.

001 s .jpg

Hi Pitter,

do they live in the mountains to need that kind of vehicle?

Hi Kodiak no they live in the city. I think they view it as a "classic car" and it is about thirty five years old.

I had an almost identical vehicle that I used to drive up and down the country with for off road competitions.. This would be its younger brother (SJ)

It was a little more modified however....lol

PHOTO157 by Pete Smith, on Flickr

Last edited:
Kodiak well as far as I can tell no they don't.

Driving Pete I had a '95 Suzuki Vitara for a while. Here they branded it Chevrolet and they were assembled in Ecuador. Looked like a toy but they were tough as nails. I miss it.

I had a lot of fun with mine - running on '31's, with a 12 inch lift.
I called mine a SJ416 - fitted the vitara engine (blueprinted) & box, changed to a single SU carb, (90hp @ the wheels), rear locking diff, lower ratio transfer box, discs all round, then made armour rails, internal hoop & harnesses, reinforced the bumpers / bullbars, winch - list go's on...

Basically had fun with it..

Wow that sounds built. I bet you did have fun. My first 4x4 was a '56 International Harvester S 120 4x4. Incredibly strong! Since then I've had seven other 4x4s including current Renault Duster..

Last edited:
Back