Llanberis Slate

Very nice, love the tree Nick.

Thanks David, I hope you're well mate :)
For "mood" and "feeling" plus aesthetic it has to be 2. I know others will go mad for one but for me it has to be 2.

I agree with you. Although the first is a very striking image I find this sort of stuff a bit pretentious! I was working on a commission though so that's my excuse ;)

Thanks David, I hope you're well mate :)

I agree with you. Although the first is a very striking image I find this sort of stuff a bit pretentious! I was working on a commission though so that's my excuse ;)
A bit...LOL.

Still it's not as bad as taking random pictures of sea waves then naming the shot some stupid name like Zeus or something ancient and Greek...

Still as you say there's a market for that stuff...

With one, I'd maybe do a wee local adjustment to pop the tree out more and/or maybe a square crop taking off as much of the left as you can

Last edited:
Number 2 is lovely, but number 1 is just too dark for me, and that hides the forms of the rocks a little too much - a very difficult image to ge 'just right'.

For "mood" and "feeling" plus aesthetic it has to be 2. I know others will go mad for one but for me it has to be 2.

For once Steve I couldn't agree with you more :) Lovely stuff - so much detail and interest in the foreground, really draws you in. The first one doesn't really do it for me, it's a little too dark.

Last edited:
The second shot is lovely Nick but I like the first also

Back