Llanberis

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi im a learner so any advice is greatfully recieved. Had a night away with the wife in Snowdonia and took a couple of pics of a well photographed location hoping to compare my pics to thoes of others too learn for our next visit. Please be as brutal as you like i know they are not great but i dont understand how to start to improve. Thanks in advance rich
29FgEmn

29FgEmn

29FgEmn

29FgF1P

29FgENz

29FgEmn

Last edited:
Funny how somthing so simple can fox me totally will try using the lapdog later to post the images cant get it to work on my phone. Sorry rich

hope this has worked
Hi im a learner so any advice is gratefully received. Had a night away with the wife in Snowdonia and took a couple of pics of a well photographed location hoping to compare my pics to those of others too learn for our next visit. Please be as brutal as you like i know they are not great but i dont understand how to start to improve. Thanks in advance rich

llanberis dawn by rich parkes, on Flickr

Llanberis bw by rich parkes, on Flickr

You found both the famous spot, and some good light. Well composed, too. Couple of points: the 'horizon' - far end of the lake - doesn't look level. The colour picture looks a bit dark and could benefit from some lightening, especially in the midtones. The contrast of the b+w is better, but you've got a bit of haloing around the trees and low peak in front of Crib Goch. And it looks like you've used a ND grad on the sky - which is just a bit too dark compared with the reflections to be realistic. Generally reflections are about 1 stop darker than the sky itself, and while this is far from a rule to follow they definitely look odd if actually lighter. Hope this helps!

Wow thank you for your time. The nd was a 1.2 as i was worried about the sunrise but yes too strong. I lowered the mid tones thinking it would make the image less cluttered i always worry about keeping good sepatation with my wildlife pics but you are so right. The horizon was me messing trying to get the tree growing out of the low point of the valley .Glad i got the composition along the right lines. This is so helpful you cant imagine. Thanks again rich

I like number 1, lovely mood. John's said everything I was thinking too.

Back