1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. droopsnoot

droopsnoot

Name:
    Mike
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    With a marked contrast in weather conditions since my last trip out, I thought I'd give this event a try on Saturday afternoon. I found a manual SMC-Pentax 50mm f1.7 lens on the car boot sale last year, so instead of using the normal kit zoom I decided to wander around the station with that lens on. It did remind me how much further away I need to be, so it made a bit of a change to have to plan stuff better, or take different shots than I would normally have done.

1. Not a steam loco

[​IMG]procIMGP0017. by Mike Edwards, on Flickr

2. Bogies! (sorry...)

[​IMG]procIMGP0069. by Mike Edwards, on Flickr

[​IMG]procIMGP9983. by Mike Edwards, on Flickr

4. New(ish) and old

[​IMG]procIMGP0003 by Mike Edwards, on Flickr

[​IMG]procIMGP0024. by Mike Edwards, on Flickr

As usual, comments or suggestions welcome. They're a bit more successful than my Oulton shots were, though I was finding sometimes that the wide aperture was a bit too much for the sunny weather. And it's interesting how quickly I'd forgotten all about balancing ISO, aperture and shutter speed before the camera did it all for me - I've got more than one wildly over-exposed photo to show how out of practice I was.

I did have a second trip out after tea to try to catch "Royal Scot" on the way back from North Wales. Unfortunately it was running, it turned out, around 50 minutes late so I had to leave before it arrived.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    gcgraphs and AHILL like this.