Wales Llanidloes / Staylittle

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Off to a lovely cabin between Llanidloes and staylittle in the Hafren Forrest next Thursday for a week, cannot wait as know the ospreys have nested again and have spotting scope at the ready, going to the my hand at landscape this time as well as trying the red kite centre at blwch yr on way to Aberystwyth for a change not sure why but never realised it was there after driving past a few times and only gone Gigrin in past.

Any suggestions for area on landscape, rivers, waterfalls and other wildlife is always welcome, may even try Mach loop again as last time was lucky enough to see the last typhoon to go through back in October

Ffrwd Fawr is a stunning waterfall but the 'route' from road to a full view of it is on the steep side. Devils Bridge is well known; also good to drop down from Ysbyty Cynfyn to Parson;s Bridge.

Ffrwd Fawr is a stunning waterfall but the 'route' from road to a full view of it is on the steep side. Devils Bridge is well known; also good to drop down from Ysbyty Cynfyn to Parson;s Bridge.
Thank you John appreciate the reply, will try checking out Fred Fawr and Ysbyty Cynfyn as been to Devils falls before, quite a bit of rain forecast now so thinking they could be in full flow

You've got Clywedog reservoir right on your doorstep for a start, with the Bryntail lead mine at the foot of the dam for a little historic interest. Not far up the road you get Dylife which as a particularly beautiful view which barely requires getting out of the car (though walking around the area is recommended, and there is again much lead mining history there too)

Back