Llantwit Major beach

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
A few from my outing to Llantwit Beach today. Failing light and needing the loo meant I was there for circa 45 minutes but here are my best images in that time:

All Pentax K5ii & Sigma 10-20mm HSM

Llantwit Major Beach by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

Very spacy wide angle shots. Keep an eye on the horizon… good layering!
proper rendition… impressive cloud formation in #8.

Nice sky in 8. I'd lob the bottom off though to just below the green stone. There is too much dead uninteresting water.

3 is the best for me, a foreboding mood and well composed. I reckon you could tighten up your compositions and make more use of leading lines for the rest. For example you have stones right at the edges of frames which are cropped off in some cases. They all seem to be taken from the same height also, for each shot try and find the best angle and eliminate unwanted dead space - two examples, in number 5 the foreground rocks aren't contributing to the scene, the picture flows better if you crop those out, and in number 9 I think you could have made more use of the stones on the left of the picture which lead in nicely to the distant house. The stone at the very left is cropped off but it should be a crucial part of the composition for me. The right hand side isn't contributing as much to the picture. Black and white certainly suits more than colour here

Thanks all. Scirocco, take on board your feedback, always good to have more than one pair of eyes! No.5 I was unsure with the rocks hence why the opening image was taken a few steps forward to get rid of them. I was in two minds hence the 2 images. I may have images with the altered compositions you mentioned, will have to look at the images I thought didn't make the cut!

A really great set of images Gareth, #2, #3, #4, would be my fav's.(y)

George.

Back