Llwybr Llaethog

Edit My Images
No
After hiking up the distinctly midgy lower flanks of Pen Yr Ole Wen for sunset (cloudless), I bivvied down for a few hours to wait for the galactic centre to rise over Tryfan and Glyder Fawr. Despite some clouds showing up I think it was just about worth it.

Last edited:
Love it. Must be a good time to capture these type of images as there seems to be a few on the forum.I'm in Manchester i'm assuming Wales is the nearest place for me to have a chance of seeing these skies.

Gaz

Love it. Must be a good time to capture these type of images as there seems to be a few on the forum.I'm in Manchester i'm assuming Wales is the nearest place for me to have a chance of seeing these skies.

Gaz

Yeah, the Galactic Centre is up for us at the moment, which is the most interesting, ''cloudiest" bit of the milky way.

From Manchester your best bet is either Snowdonia or the central Lake District. If you Google 'light pollution map' you'll find plenty of sites showing the light pollution for the whole world.

Definitely worth it! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the info. I have only ever witnessed the milky way once. No idea which part. Was totally unexpected we were traveling through the lake District and stopped at a pub for some super. When leaving the sky was unbelievable. Never seen anything like it before. Looked like someone had sprinkled glitter everywhere.Pure magic ! A sight I'll never forget.

Gaz

Awesome, really like this. A lot of astro shots suffer (from being composed in the dark and no high ISO test shots being done) of poor landscape arrangement. This one doesn't and is nicely balanced. Good processing too. Did you refocus for the stars though? I'd be tempted to refocus to get them pin sharp and blend if you try again...

Back