Llyn Idwal

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
No
Hi All

A day when Mother nature reminded me that just who is in charge, after a brief visit to the summit of Y Garn for my planned lunch stop that was a no go, so time to catch my breath but my rucksack cover back on that was blown off in the wind and head back down to safety and a hot brew, A very windswept Llyn

Llyn Idwal by Kevin OBrian, on Flickr

Last edited:
Very nice shot Kevin, all hangs together nicely.(y)

George.

Really nice image Kevin, good to see you taking pictures outside of the intense red times of day. Strong composition and natural processing.

I like the contrasting areas in this shot Kevin. The stark grey sandstone balancing off the greens and rusty land and Llyn. The tree and light just the icing on the cake! Its a lovely area Glyderau isnt it. Nice Work again Kevin.

I like that, the light on the hillside is nice and lifts what would be a flat scene. My crit is that the lake at the bottom is a little close to the frame edge, a slightly shorter FL or less crop would fix that. There seems to a generous amount of sky, and some of which I would have sacrified for a bit more space at the botttom.

Lovely natural scene, full of foreboding weather approaching. My only comment would be to perhaps make more of the tree at left. At the moment, it's so dark I'm not sure which hillside it's growing from. And as it could anchor the shot for the eye to better lead into the scene, it and the hillside might be more defined.

Nice composition and lovely light on the peak. I agree with Nick re the tree - it just needs lifting a little to help define it better.

I don't mind the water being so close to the edge - it's almost as if the water is about to flow over the edge....

Back