Llyn Nantlle

Very nice Kevin, no 3 is the best one for me. No 2 makes me want to see slightly more of the boats in the foreground

I think you have added lots of saturation and this has left the images feeling a little unbalanced. The 3rd image is the strongest by far when it comes to composition,but the almost neon green fields kill it.

I would love to see a reworked version.

Very nice Kevin, no 3 is the best one for me. No 2 makes me want to see slightly more of the boats in the foreground

Yes I hear you Simon the boats are very tight as there is another big white post just out of the frame I was avoiding

I think you have added lots of saturation and this has left the images feeling a little unbalanced. The 3rd image is the strongest by far when it comes to composition,but the almost neon green fields kill it.

I would love to see a reworked version.

I done the opposite with the colour saturation in PP Stephen and destaurated them, always a difficult time of the year as the hills of Snowdonia are very green in August and it was certainly an outing with camera with huge differences in contrast/conditions.

Nice set Kev,
I'm drawn toward No 1 personally, a bit poignant for me at the moment too.
Are those big white posts a recent thing?

There mountains at their best with stormy clouds, add a rainbow and what a stunning scene you've captured.

I like them all! Strong weather! I never understood how it is brighter under a rainbow but i have witness this a lot in the past!

The one with the boats is my favourite. The colours,shades,contrast all come together. I think if I'd been in your position re. that white post you mentioned I'd have included it, to get all of the other boat in fully and cloned it out. Problem with comments on these lines is that we don't know what else is in a frame (in general not just this photo) until someone questions why something is as it is then comes the answer,infact you may well say the post was up against the boat and it wasn't possible to take it out. These people put up things like that with no thought for photographers :D

Thanks gents indeed and I should have been on sofa that day myself after a heavey downpour came along and left me with no choice but to head for cover under a tree as I left the shower cap I use in my rucksack which was sat at home :( indeed the posts are a new addition and an eyesaw John.

Back