Loads of bugs in June

Edit My Images
Yes
Thanks to the warm weather in June, gave me more chances to do bugs hunt, day and night. Here are some of my favourites. More on my Flickr

1 White Plume Moth

2 Wasp - Symmorphus bifasciatus

3 Wasp - Gasteruption assectator

4 Walnut Orb Weaver - Nuctenea umbratica

5 Scornpionfly - Panorpa germanica

6 Robber Fly - Dioctria baumhaueri

7 Robber Fly - Dioctria baumhaueri

8 Pondskater - Gerris lacustris

9 Hoverfly - Riponnensia splendens

10 Hoverfly - Platycheirus sp.

11 Honeysuckle Sawfly - Zaraea fasciata

12 Giant House Spider - Tegenaria duellica and Brown Chafer

13 Common Froghopper:banana:

14 Brown Chafer - Serica brunnea

15 Broad Centurian Soldier Fly - Chloromyia formosa

16 Blue-tailed Damselfly - Ischnura elegans

No 7 is a cracker Icy, like the way you have captured the eyes just peering over the leaf.
All the rest are rubbish..............not
All fantastic :)

I hate them all :dummy:because they are better than mine.

Hoftwi, are these handheld or using a monopod or similar please ?

No 7 is a cracker Icy, like the way you have captured the eyes just peering over the leaf.
All the rest are rubbish..............not
All fantastic :)

Thanks Graham:) Can't wait to produce more rubbish,lol:p Just only a couple months left to play:(

I hate them all :dummy:because they are better than mine.

Hoftwi, are these handheld or using a monopod or similar please ?

Thanks Charles:) They are all handheld, I never get along with tripod or the sort. I only show the better shots out, you don't know how many of them are in my recycle bin:D practice more, am sure you can get a lot better than mine.

Super variety as always Icy, and extra good to have the identifications.

Having a good look at the bigger versions over at Flickr my favourites are #3, #5 (I like the other scorpion fly image at Flickr just as much), #8, #11,#12,#13 and best of all #14.

Thanks Nick:) These are all the bugs I found in my garden in June, didn't manage to go to the nature reserve lately. Still have some photos left to be PP and ID. Hope the warm weather will last for a bit longer as the last week has been raining all week,day and night:( #12 the Brown Chafer that I see them every year around this time at night, I was lucky that it posted for me so I could take a few shots.

Nice I particularly like the pondskaters, I need to move my pond (an idiot moved it badly for me and it is so shaded there is no live) and am really looking forward to having a living pond again.

Nice I particularly like the pondskaters, I need to move my pond (an idiot moved it badly for me and it is so shaded there is no live) and am really looking forward to having a living pond again.

Thanks David:) A pond definitely brings some wildlife in our garden, recently there are 3 Blue-tailed damselflies come to our pond everyday and rest at night. But the downside is that we have frogs and toads which scare the life out of me all the time:crying::crying:

Back