Beginner Local 10k Race

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,
I attended a local 10k race this weekend (My other half was running) and decided to try and get a few shots. Nothing spectacular, definitely still trying to learn this sort of photography!
DSC_1823.jpg
DSC_1810.jpg DSC_1897.jpg DSC_1875.jpg DSC_1911.jpg

Coments and criticisms very much welcomed!

You have done good shooting into the sun and exposing the runners well.. You have attracted attention here and there for a response from runners and captured it, Numbers are clear to see not hidden by arms

When you get home you need to crop into the pictures to lose things like the elbow in the last picture and a little off the top.. heads should be higher up the pic and not in the middle..

Also the pics look better if you can go lower than the runners.. given your position you look higher?

Otherwise good job IMHO :)

You have done good shooting into the sun and exposing the runners well.. You have attracted attention here and there for a response from runners and captured it, Numbers are clear to see not hidden by arms

When you get home you need to crop into the pictures to lose things like the elbow in the last picture and a little off the top.. heads should be higher up the pic and not in the middle..

Also the pics look better if you can go lower than the runners.. given your position you look higher?

Otherwise good job IMHO :)

Thanks KIPAX,
The weather was a bit of a nightmare at first, there was a fair bit of cloud cover but it was also very bright. I had to be pretty quick changing my settings.
Thanks for the advice on cropping, I'm always a little bit unsure when it comes to cropping shots. I never seem to be too confident taking too much off! Sadly I was limited to a 70mm lens for this one so quite a lot of cropping had to happen.
I shall try a lower position for the next time I head out, this was at the bottom of a bridge and I kept having to move for pedestrians so I couldn't really get comfortable. Definitely noted though!

Back