Wild Local Barn Owl

den

Name
Dennis
Edit My Images
No
I have been watching a pair of Barn Owls raise a brood of 3 young there were 4 but i seem to have lost one or it's just not coming out of the nest while i have been around..
The adults have been out at dusk just at the same time both the Kestrel and Little Owl also venture out ,i have had oportunities of shots a lot earlier but my set up would have been in the way of the birds flight path so i decided against it ,however this last couple of nights the young have been out of the nest and dotted around the place making it a bit more comfortable for me to try and get shots ,i actualy had one fly up on a post i was actualy leaning on and that hissing sound they make is quite noisy from a few feet above you..This is from tonight got a few more but light was just awful but what a joy to see all these birds of prey in a area no bigger than half the size of a football pitch

Barn owl-7438 by dennis greenwood, on Flickr

Two brilliant images Den, love the first one. I like the ferns around the owl they really makes the owl stand out for me. (y)

Super series den

I echo Russ's sentiments Den,image wise you have always been of huge inspiration,but it's not just that I'll miss Den it's that incredible knowledge you have. A sad day for me mate,I wish you every success with what ever you do next

You must have a really healthy vole population up there Den,it's wonderful hearing of how many predatory birds you have in such a small area,cool images too

take care kiddo

stu

I echo Russ's sentiments Den,image wise you have always been of huge inspiration,but it's not just that I'll miss Den it's that incredible knowledge you have. A sad day for me mate,I wish you every success with what ever you do next

You must have a really healthy vole population up there Den,it's wonderful hearing of how many predatory birds you have in such a small area,cool images too

take care kiddo

stu
Cheers Stu...Yes to have all three Birds of prey in such a small area as realy oustanded me and those that have visited can ceretainly vouch just how small a area it is ..

fab set Den..............and sorry to hear your giving up

Back