local football team + player profile pics.

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All.

some of you may know, I'm a complete novice but asked to do new kit/sponsor team pics, just want an opinion on them, a little background info, 7pm, bright sun directly behind my right shoulder, had to be taken in front of stand and the main sponsor in the pics, so location was locked.

All on D5100, team pics with Tamron 17-50 f8/f9 ish
Players - sigma 105 dg os macro :)) love this thing ) f2.8 ish (but wide open)

20180802-Wincanton Football club.jpg by Wayne Scott, on Flickr

20180802-DSC_0027.jpg by Wayne Scott, on Flickr

20180802-DSC_0010.jpg by Wayne Scott, on Flickr

20180802-DSC_0081.jpg by Wayne Scott, on Flickr

Have 15/16 of the players, I'm sure you don't want to see all of them :)

i know they are a little dark, but that's a personal thing as I seem to prefer the slightly darker images, no idea why, but when i look at the edit, I always seem to prefer this look, so i suppose you could say it's my style :rolleyes:

Last edited:
When I did this, I checked for a few things. Get symmetry and balnce of the different coloured shirts (which you have done). Arms behind (again what you've done) for the back row. Next, on the back row, put tallest in the middle and fan out by height, as even as possible either side to the shortest. Next front row, put your foot in between each players feet in turn and ask them to butt up to your foot and not move. Each player to put hands ON knees, not on thighs, either all fingers closed or all open, not mixed. One ball in the middle. All players looking at the lens, not blinking, not looking anywhere else. Shout at them to pay attention :). Take a few shots, because someone will always blink. No smiling or all smiling.
Just my two pen'uth.
Tony (Kipax) is more experienced than me in this stuff and will probably be able to add/subtract from the above

Last edited:
When I did this, I checked for a few things. Get symmetry and balnce of the different coloured shirts (which you have done). Arms behind (again what you've done) for the back row. Next, on the back row, put tallest in the middle and fan out by height, as even as possible either side to the shortest. Next front row, put your foot in between each players feet in turn and ask them to butt up to your foot and not move. Each player to put hands ON knees, not on thighs, either all fingers closed or all open, not mixed. One ball in the middle. All players looking at the lens, not blinking, not looking anywhere else. Shout at them to pay attention :). Take a few shots, because someone will always blink. No smiling or all smiling.
Just my two pen'uth.
Tony (Kipax) is more experienced than me in this stuff and will probably be able to add/subtract from the above

Hi, thanks for info, i admit the team order/positioning isn't the best, i arrived at 6:50 just as the players were changing to find out they had a meeting at 7:30, so timewise i was pushed, i had planned to have the keeper back centre as i had 17 total, so wanted a 9/8 in rows, keeper turned out to be about 5"5 lol, so threw me and also the coaches were the shortest and tallest in the team, so I just tried to even it out as best i could in the short timescale i had to work with and tried to make sure i didn't have a tiny chap stood next to a giant, but looking now with time i could of sat the coaches front outer edges maybe.

Probably best to clone out the fly on the shirt of that first player portrait photo too, otherwise it might lead to sarcastic comments such as 'It seems like there are some flies on them!' You know what rival fans and players can be like. ;) I'd also think about cropping in a bit tighter on the stand photo too, I'd probably try a crop to the obvious joint in the crowd barrier on either side of the stand and lose some off the top and bottom to retain the frame ratio as much as possible and see how that looks. (y)

Last edited:
Probably best to clone out the fly on the shirt of that first player portrait photo too, otherwise it might lead to sarcastic comments such as 'It seems like there are some flies on them!' You know what rival fans and players can be like. ;) I'd also think about cropping in a bit tighter on the stand photo too, I'd probably try a crop to the obvious joint in the crowd barrier on either side of the stand and lose some off the top and bottom to retain the frame ratio as much as possible and see how that looks. (y)

no idea how i missed that in the edits, but i noticed after i sent them and they were cropped more for the website that's gone now but still no excuse (attention to detail needs work----noted (y) )

Back