Local red deer

Name
Jan
Edit My Images
No
A few of one of the wild Quantock red deer herds. I only carry an 18-135mm lens when I go walking and although they were a bit closer to me than usual (till they spotted some other people with a dog and moved further up the hillside) they were still a bit of a stretch for the lens. I nearly always see them here but I'm not taking the 150-600mm on a 12 3/4 mile walk. I'd take bets on them not being there if I went out with the long lens just to photograph them :( I heard the cuckoos, but didn't see them this time, and saw meadow pipits, stonechats, wheatears, buzzards, kestrels, skylarks............

Red deer 210429 01.jpg

I always take a long lens + 1.4 TC and a Macro lens and a flashgun :) 12 miles - are you,mad Jan ????

be interesting to know where abouts you saw the Stonechats though? NIce to see you found the Red Deer :)

Les :)

I always take a long lens + 1.4 TC and a Macro lens and a flashgun :)

You're three times my size ;)

12 miles - are you,mad Jan ????

You need to ask? :LOL::LOL: .........12.64 according to Strava.

be interesting to know where abouts you saw the Stonechats though?

They were flitting around. Maybe a bit early for them sitting atop the gorse. They are all over but like the wheatears you see them or you don't. I never get to photograph birds there. This is the open moorland north of the Crowcombe - Nether Stowey road of course. I don't go down in the forest much. Don't like forests.............:(

It's a lovely tranquil scene Jan,looking at it makes it hard to believe the mayhem roe are up to right now.. We saw something special rut wise just yesterday Jan a summer rut still perplexes me.

No calling cuckoo locally I'm gutted nowt at our hare spot either Jan. Last year was the best for years around here, I was really hoping cuckoo numbers to be on the up, maybe they are late but i'm starting to fear the worst. Saw a stoney locally though a field from my house that's a first in 30 odd years !!

TFS lovely scene and as above so tranquil

stu

Back