Undecided Locations just off M1

davekiddle

Like to feel muppets
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm driving up to the North East next weekend for a week of landscape photography so I'm looking for a couple of good landscape location stop points on the way up from Southampton.

Any suggestions folks???

Thanks in advance :)

Are you looking for an overnight stop or somewhere to pull up for a couple of hours.
Whereabouts in the NE are you heading for?

I have just looked the route on Google maps and its giving me 370 miles/6 ish hours.
I am not familiar with landscapes south of nottm so I cant advise on that .The light has gone by about 5.00pm so you are looking at the Derbyshire Dales in the Peak District or the Yorkshire Dales.
Depending on what time you get there you could leave the M1 and go through Matlock/Chatsworth/Bakewell and over Strines to pick up the M1 again at Sheffield to see the Peak district, or you could crack on up the M1/A1 and come off at Richmond and have a look at Swaledale in the Yorks Dales.
Or you could head for the North Pennines and have a look at Barnard Castle and Teesdale -High force is very photogenic.
Hope this helps and have a good trip-Northumberland is wonderful, its called the forgotten county-its nearly as good as Yorkshire ( LOL)!
BTW the Kippers at Craster are to die for -if you like kippers.

I have just looked the route on Google maps and its giving me 370 miles/6 ish hours.
I am not familiar with landscapes south of nottm so I cant advise on that .The light has gone by about 5.00pm so you are looking at the Derbyshire Dales in the Peak District or the Yorkshire Dales.
Depending on what time you get there you could leave the M1 and go through Matlock/Chatsworth/Bakewell and over Strines to pick up the M1 again at Sheffield to see the Peak district, or you could crack on up the M1/A1 and come off at Richmond and have a look at Swaledale in the Yorks Dales.
Or you could head for the North Pennines and have a look at Barnard Castle and Teesdale -High force is very photogenic.
Hope this helps and have a good trip-Northumberland is wonderful, its called the forgotten county-its nearly as good as Yorkshire ( LOL)!
BTW the Kippers at Craster are to die for -if you like kippers.
Cheers Chris, I like the look of the castle and waterfall :) (and the kippers!)
Yorkshire will be another trip, saving the best till last! ;)

Last edited:
Back