Loch Achray

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

About a year ago I bought a Ford Transit Custom. And then set about converting it to a campervan so I could attempt to reignite the passion for photography that I lost when people started paying me to do it ;) My old campervan long gone I built this one with all the annoyances I had with the old one in mind. It took months and months and months to build, and then in March I finally finished it.

And then lockdown happened.

On Friday I *finally* took the van out, and where best to try it for its first time than a six and a half hour drive up the motorway from Leicester to the Trossachs. Yep, because I don't do things by halves :LOL:

Anyway, you're here for the photos, so here they are, from Friday evening (when being feasted upon by millions of midges) and Saturday morning, in chronological order (I think).

50210070787_a4bd853d87_b_d.jpg

50205217608_a9752a24f2_b_d.jpg

50202980127_050e2eb846_b_d.jpg

50211562927_0c884ca261_b_d.jpg

50202175648_d55c301ce0_b_d.jpg

50202175598_3105f209aa_b_d.jpg

And then I drove home. :)

Thanks for looking!

:plus1: Wot he sed :) No 4 in particular although I can’t help thinking it may benefit from upping the highlights and whites a little

Number #4 jumps out of the screen at me.. love it :)

Ah, interesting - thanks guys for all the feedback :)

I'll have another go at the processing of #4 and see if I can lighten it a bit then. I must have spent too much time looking at it yesterday as I started off really liking it, and by the time I'd finished I'd pretty much convinced myself otherwise :LOL:

Although with 5 the bottom of the reflections are cut off. I'd like it 50 50 like the last. I think it could be a very classy image if it was 50 50
Hmmm, assuming you're referring to the absence of the hill on the right in the reflection then that was my deliberate framing with my telephoto. I quite liked it as it was but I do take your point. There may be something I can do with cropping one of the wider angle ones down and seeing how that looks. I appreciate the feedback, thanks (y)

Good set and #4 the standout for me to.

About a year ago I bought a Ford Transit Custom. And then set about converting it to a campervan so I could attempt to reignite the passion for photography that I lost when people started paying me to do it ;) My old campervan long gone I built this one with all the annoyances I had with the old one in mind. It took months and months and months to build, and then in March I finally finished it.

No photos, it didn't happen! :LOL:

I was there on Saturday the only other thing about the trip we have in common though is that I too was eaten alive by midges. Didn't get a single keeper.

I was on N Uist and Harris for the last 2 weeks - no midges.
Untill we drove back through Glencoe. We let the dog out for a toilet break for about a minute and rushed back into the car.
It took us about 10 hours to return to Edinburgh from Uig.

Nice set, BTW :)
And I'll concur with the others about no 4.

A lovely set, particularly the reflections. Number 4 is already outstanding, I love it, although (I could be wrong) it looks a little left leaning and personally, I'd remove the ducks to the left of frame. As a suggestion, depending on taste, I'd lift the contrast just a little and see how it sits then, or it could just be the whites as mentioned above. Or, try a subtle curves layer.

That said, it's just a beautiful image that I wouldn't mind being mine as it is. (y)

Last edited:
No4 appeals to me- could see that as a B&W print

Les :)

4 and the original 5 are the picks for me, Steve has a thing for 50/50 reflections but everyone else likes thirds :LOL:

Thanks again all

50214741791_385f33ce58_b_d.jpg

Slight tweak then on the #4 that everyone seems to like. Went for the subtle lightening / curve adjustment that most were after. I tried a black and white of it yesterday and it just didn't work for me. I might try again in a bit with a clearer head! :)

Back