Critique Loch Laggan

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
No
So I hadn't been out in a while with the camera a few weeks back and was originally going to head up to the Cairngorms but decided to head for Spean Bridge via Glencoe, the weather wasn't great and the light was sporadic but the drive through Glencoe was nice! Eventually decided to head to Loch Laggan and get a shot of the Castle! Would have looked better with some snow but hey ho! Crit and comments welcome

IMG_0572.JPG

Yet another location I have to get to. I like this, the LE works well and the placement of the 'lodge' is perfect, I think it would be quite ordinary without that. I like the clouds as they are but even longer, streaky ones would add even more drama.

I'm with Steve on the reflections though, it's all his fault, he has created a reflection monster with me. That said, you take what you get on the day and you've done well with this. (y)

Thanks guys, I agree on the reflections comments, I'm partial to the odd reflection myself but the weather wasn't playing ball! I like how the clouds almost look like hills/mountains in the backgrounds [emoji106]

Th castle looks a little lost in this composition. Of course Steve is right about the reflectios,, but reflections arent everything.
The right light, tones and PP could make this type of image sing of course.
I quite like it.

Back