Critique Loch Lomond - Recent shots

Three cool takes, Chris!

I enjoy the renditions of the two first (but the halos).

All three are beauties Chris, but yes, the halos along the hilltops, whilst thin, are pretty fierce.

1 and 3 for me Chris, especially the reflection in 3 and the use of the branches in the water for foreground interest.

Cracking set of images

Great set of images Chris, all right on the money except for those halos.(y)

George.

Those are all very cool. The reflections of the stars on 1 don't seem to relate to the actual stars themselves which you might want to look at. The satellite trail is a bit distracting as well. Good to see something different.

The reflections of the stars on 1 don't seem to relate to the actual stars themselves which you might want to look at.
Could be because the stars and the water are moving at different speeds.

Nice takes. The aurora shots are particularly good

Luckily the halo is all but gone on the full size images.

Yes, flickr is certainly applying some degrading treatment to pics now.

On the first pic, there are two bright stars on the left of the image with no reflections in the water, and there are star reflections in the middle of the loch with no corresponding stars in the sky above.

It's just a small and pedantic point - feel free to ignore me :). It's a lovely pic.

I wasn't sure if you were suggesting it had been altered or something ? That is all, I can post the raw image if need be. I get where your coming from but thats how it is.

:)

Absolutely amazeballs mate. 1st is my fave. Location of shot and how long exposure?

Cheers!

Very very nice set number 1 my fav

1 is really nice, but I prefer the stiller refection of 3 - so 3 is my favourite!

Back